Zimbra Suite Plus/Zimbra Mobile Plus/Shared Folders
With Zimbra Mobile Plus, it's possible to synchronize folders that are not owned by the user itself to mobile devices. This applies to all item types available through the Exchange ActiveSync protocol, so you'll be able to sync any shared email folder, address book, calendar or tasklist to mobile devices alike.
Specific features available on mobile devices might differ, based on the client in use.
Not all clients support the synchronization of multiple Address Books, Calendars or Tasklists via Exchange ActiveSync.
In order to allow a higher level of control over the synchronization, users are allowed to choose which shared folders are to be synchronized with their mobile devices. This is achieved through the Zimbra Suite Plus Client Zimlet, a new addition to the Zimbra Suite Plus package. Check the wiki page about this new component to learn its features, how to deploy it and how to enable it for your users.
Enable the mobile synchronization for a folder
Thanks to the Zimbra Suite Plus Client Zimlet, enabling the mobile synchronization for a shared folder it's pretty easy:
- Log in to the Zimbra WebClient.
- Right Click the shared folder you wish to sync.
- Select the "Folder Sync Settings" entry in the drop-down menu.
- Tick the "Enable synchronization for this folder" checkbox.
- Press OK.
After doing so, the new folder will be synchronized to any mobile device connected to the account together with the next sync request.
The following restrictions apply to shared folder synchronization:
- It's not possible to sync a mountpoint referring to a full account share.
- It's not possible to sync just a subfolder of a shared folder, as doing so would return an incomplete folder tree.
- It's not possible to sync a read-only share, as the Exchange ActiveSync protocol does not envision the concept of "read-only" resource, so synchronizing a read-only folder will cause severe inconsistencies between the client ad the server along with many errors.
Zimbra Suite Plus
Latest Version: 3.1.4
- Released on: July 14, 2020
- Compatibility List
- License Management
Zimbra Suite Plus Resources
Here you can find useful resources for your Zimbra Suite Plus environment
- What is Zimbra Suite?
- Zimbra Suite Installation Guide
- Zimbra Client Zimlet
- Information and advice for NE Customers
- How to migrate Zimbra with Zimbra Migration Tool
- How to perform an incremental Migration with Zimbra Backup Plus
- Known Issues
- How to report a Zimbra Suite Plus Issue