Zimbra Suite Plus/Zimbra HSM Plus/Admin Guide
Zimbra HSM Plus - Admin Guide
Zimbra HSM Plus Administration Guide
To enable and use the Zimbra HSM Plus Module you'll need:
- An active Zimbra Suite Plus License including the Zimbra Admin Plus Module (Zimbra Suite Plus Bundle License).
- The Zimbra Suite Plus and the Zimbra Admin Plus Zimlet installed on a supported version of Zimbra Open Source Edition or Network Edition
- Full user rights on the machine:
- Admin access to Zimbra (usually https://myserver.mydomain.tld:7071/).
- Root access to the Operating System.
- The desire to save time and effort in storage management.
- Nuts and Bolts of the Hierarchical Storage Management Technique
- Tips on how to use Zimbra HSM Plus on Zimbra Network Edition.
- Where Zimbra saves it's data.
- Set up Zimbra HSM Plus to automatically move items between volumes according to easy to understand policies.
Zimbra HSM Plus, HSM Module
- Manage your Zimbra volumes easily with Zimbra HSM Plus.
- Set and manage multiple HSM policies.
Zimbra HSM Plus Utilities
- Save precious disk space by deduplicating items in your Zimbra volumes.
- Obtain full control of your Zimbra volumes through the Zimbra HSM Plus CLI.
When starting an import or a restore with Zimbra Backup Plus the "Apply HSM Policy" option is available.
Enabling this option will force Zimbra HSM Plus to apply the HSM policy for each mailbox Zimbra Backup Plus is done restoring, so while the restore itself will be completely done on the primary store, as soon as a mailbox is completely restored the proper data will be moved to the secondary store.
- Zimbra official guidelines for Filesystem Performance Tuning apply to Zimbra HSM Plus too: Zimbra Performance Guidelines Filesystem
- We strongly advice against the use of network shares (or any high access latency solution) as your Zimbra primary store volume.
No known issues.
Zimbra Suite Plus Resources
Here you can find useful resources for your Zimbra Suite Plus environment