Zimbra Collaboration Joule 8.8.15 Patch 44 GA Release
Release Date: October 19, 2023
Check out the Security Fixes, What's New, Fixed Issues, and Known Issues for this version of Zimbra Collaboration. Please refer to the Patch Installation steps for Patch Installation instructions. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think in the Forums or open a support ticket to report issues.
NOTE: If you are upgrading or migrating from an older version of Zimbra to Zimbra 8.8 Production Ready, please read Things to Know Before Upgrading and First Steps with the Zimbra NG Modules for critical information before you upgrade.
Change in upgrade process for 8.8.15 Patch 44
Please note that the install process has changed. Additional steps to install zimbra-common-core-jar, zimbra-common-core-libs, zimbra-mbox-store-libs packages have been included for this patch release. Please refer to the Patch Installation steps to install the packages in its order.
Changes required for SSO setup before patch upgrade
Before upgrade, we need to set the zimbraVirtualHostName parameter for the domains that are using SAML and SSO based login. Please follow the instructions:
su - zimbra zmprov md domain_name zimbraVirtualHostName virtual_hostname
|A security related issue has been fixed which impacted one of the third party libraries being used in Admin User Inferface.||CVE-2020-7746||High|
|Multiple possible cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities were observed in the robohelp package. The package has now been made optional. This means that users will now be access help documentation at the URL - https://www.zimbra.com/documentation/.||CVE-2023-45206||TBD|
Note: Additional configuration for further hardening your Zimbra setup can be found on the Zimbra Support Portal. It is recommended that all customers consider these additional steps.
Migration to Daffodil v10
Support for migrating customers running the 8.8.15 version with NG modules has now been added to the Daffodil 10.0.5 Patch Release. Please refer to Daffodil 10.0.5 Release Notes for more details. Please make sure the server's are upgraded to latest 8.8.15 patch release before the migration.
Zimbra Web Client (ZWC)
- A security related issue has been fixed to prevent account takeover by stealing user cookies.
- When installing Zimrba, the following OS packages will get installed as Zimbra dependencies - rsyslog, net-tools, libcap2-bin. ZBUG-2931
Zimbra Web Client (ZWC)
- Appointments were displayed an hour earlier in the calendar when the timezone was set to some of the CST timezone like Guadalajara. ZBUG-3414
- America/Mexico_City events were scheduled one hour before the time those events are supposed to happen, when the events were sent from non-zimbra external calendar services. ZBUG-3395
- Hyperlink on images in emails did not work when using "Conversation View" ZBUG-3322
- In the Classic UI webmail when used with the Chrome browser, the print preview and actual print would appear on the next page following the email details. ZBUG-3198
Admin Web Console
- On every refresh, the queue length value in the admin console was added, which resulted in impacting the performance. ZBUG-1571
Zimbra Connector for Outlook
- When setting up ZCO for the first time, if no password is specified, an empty Outlook profile is created. When Outlook is opened again, the user just needs to provide his password to proceed. Earlier, the user had to specify the server and username again. ZBUG-3472
- For a shared contact folder, modification done to the "Display As" field through Web Client will be reflected in ZCO. ZBUG-1421
- While deploying zimlets, if the following error is encountered, please refer to the [Installation] page to install the zimbra-common-core-jar, zimbra-common-core-libs, zimbra-mbox-store-libs packages in a particular order and re-deploy the zimlets.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmjava: line 59: /bin/java: No such file or directory Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/core/appender/ConsoleAppender$Target at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LocalConfigCLI.main(LocalConfigCLI.java:353) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.ConsoleAppender$Target at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:602) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178) at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521) ... 1 more
- From Kepler-Patch-25 onwards, customers using SSO will need to update
zimbraVirtualHostNameattribute for the domains. Please refer to the instructions to update the attribute.
- With JDK 17, weaker Kerberos encryption types like 3DES and RC4 have now been disabled by default. This can cause SPNEGO auth to fail if described encryption types are being used. We recommend using stronger encryption types like AES256.
To get SPNEGO auth working with weak encryption types, weak encryption can be enabled by setting the allow_weak_crypto property to true in the krb5.conf configuration file. Please follow below instructions:
1. In /opt/zimbra/jetty_base/etc/krb5.ini.in -> [libdefaults] section, set allow_weak_crypto = true
2. Restart mailboxd service:
su - zimbra zmmailboxdctl restart
The package lineup for this release is:
PackageName -> Version zimbra-patch -> 188.8.131.525280930.p44-1 zimbra-mta-patch -> 184.108.40.2065280930.p44-1 zimbra-proxy-patch -> 220.127.116.115280930.p44-1 zimbra-ldap-patch -> 18.104.22.1685280930.p44-1 zimbra-timezone-data -> 22.214.171.1245220016-1 zimbra-mbox-admin-console-war -> 126.96.36.1995221315-1 zimbra-mbox-webclient-war -> 188.8.131.525228148-1 zimbra-os-requirement -> 1.0.3-1zimbra8.7b1 zimbra-core-components -> 2.0.25-1zimbra8.8b1 zimbra-ldap-components -> 1.0.25-1zimbra8.8b1 zimbra-help -> 184.108.40.2065382552-1 zimbra-modules-porter -> 220.127.116.117562643-1 NETWORK: PackageName -> Version zimbra-patch -> 18.104.22.1685375646.p44-2 zimbra-zco -> 22.214.171.1247.1695364924-1
Please refer to below link to install Joule 8.8.15 Patch 44:
Quick note: Open Source repo
The steps to download, build, and see our code via Github can be found here: https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-build