Zimbra Collaboration Joule 8.8.15 Patch 36 GA Release
Release Date: December 7, 2022
Check out the Security Fixes, What's New, Fixed Issues, and Known Issues for this version of Zimbra Collaboration. Please refer to the Patch Installation section for Patch Installation instructions. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think in the Forums or open a support ticket to report issues.
NOTE: If you are upgrading or migrating from an older version of Zimbra to Zimbra 8.8 Production Ready, please read Things to Know Before Upgrading and First Steps with the Zimbra NG Modules for critical information before you upgrade.
Change in upgrade process for 8.8.15 Patch 36
Please note that the install process has changed. Additional steps to install zimbra-common-core-jar, zimbra-common-core-libs, zimbra-mbox-store-libs packages have been included for this patch release. Please refer to the Patch Installation section to install the packages in its order.
Changes required for SSO setup before patch upgrade
Before upgrade, we need to set the zimbraVirtualHostName parameter for the domains that are using SAML and SSO based login. Please follow the instructions:
su - zimbra zmprov md domain_name zimbraVirtualHostName virtual_hostname
Note: Additional configuration for further hardening your Zimbra setup can be found on the Zimbra Support Portal. It is recommended that all customers consider these additional steps. If someone had applied this configuration previously, then after upgrading to this patch, they will have to re-apply the same configuration.
- After upgrading the ClamAV package in the previous patch, if the Attachments Scanning feature is enabled, users were not able to send messages containing an attachment. The issue has been fixed. ZBUG-3129
- In the previous patch, the apache package had a dependency on an incorrect version of pcre package. The issue has been fixed. ZBUG-3126
- While deploying zimlets, if the following error is encountered, please refer to the Patch Installation section to install the zimbra-common-core-jar, zimbra-common-core-libs, zimbra-mbox-store-libs packages in a particular order and re-deploy the zimlets.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmjava: line 59: /bin/java: No such file or directory Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/core/appender/ConsoleAppender$Target at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LocalConfigCLI.main(LocalConfigCLI.java:353) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.ConsoleAppender$Target at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:602) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178) at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521) ... 1 more
- From Joule-Patch-32 onwards, customers using SSO will need to update
zimbraVirtualHostNameattribute for the domains. Please refer to the instructions to update the attribute.
- With JDK 17, weaker Kerberos encryption types like 3DES and RC4 have now been disabled by default. This can cause SPNEGO auth to fail if described encryption types are being used. We recommend using stronger encryption types like AES256.
To get SPNEGO auth working with weak encryption types, weak encryption can be enabled by setting the allow_weak_crypto property to true in the krb5.conf configuration file. Please follow below instructions:
1. In /opt/zimbra/jetty_base/etc/krb5.ini.in -> [libdefaults] section, set allow_weak_crypto = true
2. Restart mailboxd service:
su - zimbra zmmailboxdctl restart
The package lineup for this release is:
PackageName -> Version zimbra-patch -> 184.108.40.2069434155.p36-1 zimbra-mta-patch -> 220.127.116.119434155.p36-1 zimbra-proxy-patch -> 18.104.22.1689434155.p36-1 zimbra-ldap-patch -> 22.214.171.1249434155.p36-1 zimbra-common-core-jar -> 126.96.36.1999404529-1 zimbra-httpd -> 2.4.54-1zimbra8.7b4 zimbra-apache-components -> 2.0.9-1zimbra8.8b1 zimbra-spell-components -> 2.0.10-1zimbra8.8b1
PackageName -> Version zimbra-patch -> 188.8.131.529434155.p36-2
Please refer to below link to install Joule 8.8.15 Patch 36:
Quick note: Open Source repo
The steps to download, build, and see our code via Github can be found here: https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-build