Zimbra Collaboration 8.7.11 Patch 3 GA Release
Check out the "Fixed Issues" and "Security Fixes" for this version of Zimbra Collaboration below. As always, you’re encouraged to tell us what you think in the Forum, or open a support ticket.
|108452||EWS: Cannot create a basic meeting/appointment from Calendar app|
|108777||Calendar read only on MacOS High Sierra with Exchange Account|
|108964||error during tgz import results in endless loop and memory leak|
Information about security fixes, security response policy and vulnerability rating classification are listed below. See the Zimbra Security Response Policy and the Zimbra Vulnerability Rating Classification information below for details.
|Fix Release or
|108962||Account Enumeration [CWE-203]||CVE-2018-10949||5.0||Major||8.7.11 Patch3|
|108963||Verbose Error Messages [CWE-209]||CVE-2018-10950||3.6||Minor||8.7.11 Patch3|
|107948||Persistent XSS - mail addrs [CWE-79]||CVE-2018-10948||3.5||Minor||8.7.11 Patch3|
|108894||Redact Admin SOAP API zimbraSSLPrivateKey access [CWE-199]||CVE-2018-10951||3.6||Minor||8.7.11 Patch3|
Before Installing the Patch
Before installing the patch, consider the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration patches can be found at https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-collaboration/
- Patches are cumulative, and delivered as a TGZ file.
- A full backup should be performed before any patch is applied. There is no automated roll-back.
- Zimlet patches can include removing existing Zimlets and redeploying the patched Zimlet.
- Only files or Zimlets associated with installed packages will be installed from the patch.
- Switch to user zimbra before using ZCS CLI commands.
- Important! You cannot revert to the previous ZCS release after you upgrade to the patch.
Install the Patch
Note: This patch should be installed only on all mailbox nodes running in your environment.
1. Before you begin, confirm you have the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.7.11 GA installed
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.7.11 Patch3 TGZ file
2. Copy the patch.tgz file(s) to your server.
3. Install Zimbra Collaboration 8.7.11 Patch3
- a. Log in as root and cd to the directory where the tar file is saved. Type
tar xzf zcs-patch-8.7.11_GA_XXX.tgz cd zcs-patch-8.7.11_GA_XXX
- b. As root, install the patch. Type
- c. Switch to user zimbra
su – zimbra
- d. ZCS must be restarted to changes to take effect. Type
Note: For users who have the web-client open and are running the FOSS edition, the refresh notice might state that you have changed to the NETWORK Edition; however, your feature set will remain FOSS only.