Zimbra Releases/8.6 Patch 8
Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 8 GA Release
Check out "What’s New" and "Known Issues" for this version of Zimbra Collaboration below. As always, you’re encouraged to tell us what you think in the Forums, or file a bug in Bugzilla.
If interested, please see the complete list of changes in this release in the next Table or click here to see the Bugzilla Report. »
ZCS 8.6.0 Patch8
|Admin - Console|
|100899||CSRF - Admin Console [CWE-352]|
|104294||CSRF - Client uploader extension [CWE-352]|
|104456||extension REST handlers are not protected by CSRF [CWE-352]|
|68445||After session timeout, username field appears disabled so user cannot sign back in Admin Console|
|103497||[RSYNC Failure] Implement mailbox unlocking for Flush Cache|
|EWS - Server|
|101746||Outlook 2016: Auto Sync not working for Outook 2016|
|Other - Server|
|104236||All file uploads are broken in Admin UI (zimlet, certificate, migration wizard, license) because FileUploadServlet no longer supports csrfToken specified in multipart body|
|105029||Soap servlet should log CSRF related error at INFO level|
Please refer to the Release Notes from ZCS 8.6 Patch 7 to know more about Fixed Issues in Patch 7 and below
Information about security fixes, security response policy and vulnerability rating classification are listed below. See the Zimbra Security Response Policy and the Zimbra Vulnerability Rating Classification information below for details.
|Fix Release or
|CSRF CWE-352||CVE-2016-3406||2.6||Minor||8.6 P8, 8.7.0|
|CSRF CWE-352||CVE-2016-3403||5.8||Major||8.6 P8, 8.7.0|
|103959||CSRF CWE-352||CVE-2016-3404||4.3||Minor||8.6 P8, 8.7.0|
|CSRF CWE-352||CVE-2016-3405||4.3||Minor||8.6 P8, 8.7.0|
Please refer to the Release Notes from ZCS 8.6 Patch 7 to know more about Security in Patch 7 and below
Before Installing the Patch
Before installing the patch, consider the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration patches can be found at https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbracollaboration
- Patches are cumulative, and delivered as a TGZ file.
- A full backup should be performed before any patch is applied. There is no automated roll-back.
- Zimlet patches can include removing existing Zimlets and redeploying the patched Zimlet.
- Only files or Zimlets associated with installed packages will be installed from the patch.
- Switch to user zimbra before using ZCS CLI commands.
- Important! You cannot revert to the previous ZCS release after you upgrade to the patch.
Install the Patch
Note: This patch should be installed on all nodes running in your environment. 1. Before you begin, confirm you have the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 GA installed
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch8 TGZ file
2. Copy the patch.tgz file(s) to your server. 3. Install Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch8
- a. Log in as root and cd to the directory where the tar file is saved. Type
tar xzf zcs-patch-8.6.0_GA_XXX.tgz cd zcs-patch-8.6.0_GA_XX
- b. As root, install the patch. Type
- c. Switch to user zimbra
su – zimbra
- d. ZCS must be restarted to changes to take effect. Type
Note: For users who have the web-client open and are running the FOSS edition, the refresh notice mightstate that you have changed to the NETWORK Edition; however, your feature set will remain FOSS only.
Information about ZCS Patch 7 and below
Please refer to the Release Notes from ZCS 8.6 Patch 7 to know more about Known Issues and Security fixes in Patch 7 and below Grab your Zimbra Collaboration Patch 8 from our Downloads section - https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/
Try now Zimbra Collaboration without any cost with the 60-day free Trial.
Get it now »
Want to get involved?
You can contribute in the Community, in the Wiki, in the Code, or developing Zimlets.
Find out more. »
Other Help Resources
Looking for a Video?
Visit our YouTube Channel to keep posted about Webinars, technology news, Product overviews and more.
Go to the YouTube Channel »