Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch 9 GA Release
Check out the "Fixed Issues" and "Security Fixes" for this version of Zimbra Collaboration below. As always, you’re encouraged to tell us what you think in the Forums, or open a support ticket.
|101227||CPU load & latency when open mail with data:image/png:base64 inline image|
|104365||Update timezones.ics to tzdata2017b|
|97710||Tasks causing slowness from ZWC and consuming CPU resources|
|103797||Description of a previous appointment comes up when changing mode from plain-text to html|
|107289||Printing work week shows wrong time|
|107288||EWS caches and logs cleartext password|
|97460||Need visual cue and hyperlink for url links when composing message|
|100281||Deleted/canceled appts remain on calendar|
|101584||QuickAdd location using GAL is not saved correctly > only name is kept|
|107826||Implement GetStreamingEvents EWS API(Phase 1)|
|107499||EWS: Resolve Name should return all the contact information|
|97126||Script Error (this._sharesGroup is undefined) when click to "Edit Properties" folder menu|
|101023||zimbraHelpAdvancedURL, zimbraHelpStandardURL and zimbraHelpAdminURL does not work|
|107646||There is an unexpected logout for a session in the HTML client.|
|107925||Persistent XSS - snippet [CWE-79]|
|108265||Persistent XSS - message view as text [CWE-79]|
Information about security fixes, security response policy and vulnerability rating classification are listed below. See the Zimbra Security Response Policy and the Zimbra Vulnerability Rating Classification information below for details.
|Fix Release or
|107925||Persistent XSS CWE-79||CVE-2017-8802||3.5||Minor||8.6 P9, 8.8.3|
|108265||Persistent XSS CWE-79||CVE-2017-17703||3.5||Minor||8.6 P9, 8.8.3|
Before Installing the Patch
Before installing the patch, consider the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration patches can be found at https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbracollaboration
- Patches are cumulative, and delivered as a TGZ file.
- A full backup should be performed before any patch is applied. There is no automated roll-back.
- Zimlet patches can include removing existing Zimlets and redeploying the patched Zimlet.
- Only files or Zimlets associated with installed packages will be installed from the patch.
- Switch to user zimbra before using ZCS CLI commands.
- Important! You cannot revert to the previous ZCS release after you upgrade to the patch.
Install the Patch
Note: This patch should be installed on all nodes running in your environment.
1. Before you begin, confirm you have the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 GA installed
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch9 TGZ file
2. Copy the patch.tgz file(s) to your server.
3. Install Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch9
- a. Log in as root and cd to the directory where the tar file is saved. Type
tar xzf zcs-patch-8.6.0_GA_XXX.tgz cd zcs-patch-8.6.0_GA_XX
- b. As root, install the patch. Type
- c. Switch to user zimbra
su – zimbra
- d. ZCS must be restarted to changes to take effect. Type
Note: For users who have the web-client open and are running the FOSS edition, the refresh notice mightstate that you have changed to the NETWORK Edition; however, your feature set will remain FOSS only.
Try now Zimbra Collaboration without any cost with the 60-day free Trial.
Get it now »
Want to get involved?
You can contribute in the Community, in the Wiki, in the Code, or developing Zimlets.
Find out more. »
Other Help Resources
Visit the User Help Page »
Visit the Official Forums »
Zimbra Documentation Page »
Looking for a Video?
Visit our YouTube Channel to keep posted about Webinars, technology news, Product overviews and more.
Go to the YouTube Channel »