Zimbra NG Modules/Zimbra NG HSM/Admin Guide
Zimbra NG HSM - Admin Guide
Zimbra NG HSM Administration Guide
To enable and use the Zimbra NG HSM Module you'll need:
- An active Zimbra NG Modules License including the Zimbra NG Admin Module (Zimbra NG Modules Bundle License).
- The Zimbra NG Modules and the Zimbra NG Admin Zimlet installed on a supported version of Zimbra Open Source Edition or Network Edition
- Full user rights on the machine:
- Admin access to Zimbra (usually https://myserver.mydomain.tld:7071/).
- Root access to the Operating System.
- The desire to save time and effort in storage management.
- Nuts and Bolts of the Hierarchical Storage Management Technique
- Tips on how to use Zimbra NG HSM on Zimbra Network Edition.
- Where Zimbra saves it's data.
- Set up Zimbra NG HSM to automatically move items between volumes according to easy to understand policies.
Zimbra NG HSM, HSM Module
- Manage your Zimbra volumes easily with Zimbra NG HSM.
- Set and manage multiple HSM policies.
Zimbra NG HSM Utilities
- Save precious disk space by deduplicating items in your Zimbra volumes.
- Obtain full control of your Zimbra volumes through the Zimbra NG HSM CLI.
When starting an import or a restore with Zimbra NG Backup the "Apply HSM Policy" option is available.
Enabling this option will force Zimbra NG HSM to apply the HSM policy for each mailbox Zimbra NG Backup is done restoring, so while the restore itself will be completely done on the primary store, as soon as a mailbox is completely restored the proper data will be moved to the secondary store.
- Zimbra official guidelines for Filesystem Performance Tuning apply to Zimbra NG HSM too: Zimbra Performance Guidelines Filesystem
- We strongly advice against the use of network shares (or any high access latency solution) as your Zimbra primary store volume.
No known issues.