Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 Release Notes
This release note refers to the Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 release from Zimbra. Zimbra Desktop is a free and open source email client application that gives you online and offline access to all your email accounts in one place. It's cross-platform, available on Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Zimbra Desktop works with many types of email systems to synchronize email, contacts and calendar data between user's mailboxes in the cloud and local data stored on your computer disk. While synchronization requires network connectivity, Zimbra Desktop can be used offline when the user's computer is not connected to the network.
Enhancements in Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1
Feature enhancements for 2.0.1 include:
- 'Send To Mail Recipient’ works on Windows. Right-click selected files in Windows Explorer, then click ‘Send To Mail Recipient’. Zimbra Desktop launches, if it's not already running, and opens a compose view with those files attached. The user must first set Zimbra Desktop as the default mail application. (37462).
- ‘mailto:’ link handling is more robust on both Mac and Windows.
- Issue resolved that prevented Zimbra Desktop 1.0 users from migrating data to Zimbra Desktop 2.0. (52712)
- Improved the issue of ‘losing new message notification’. (44134)
- Improved the issue of Zimbra Desktop appearing to be offline after waking up or switching network connection, and is unable to recover until restart. (47503)
- Keyboard shortcut ‘m’ for moving messages works on Zimbra Desktop, even for cross-account move (49936)
- Stability fixes made, including making database operations more reliable.
- Auto-update works on both Mac and Windows, similar to Zimbra Desktop 1.0.
Fixed Bugs in Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1
Bugs fixes in 2.0.1 include:
- Supports ‘Send To->Mail Recipients’ on Windows. (37462)
- Zimbra Desktop auto-launches after finishing installation. (42434)
- Cross-account tagging via Drag and Drop. (44488)
- Zimbra Desktop 2.0 minimizes on Mac. (45622)
- Large conversations show as read after reading the last message. (46524)
- Dragging email from one account to calendar from another account works properly. (46926)
- No error message after Zimbra Desktop restart. (Bug 47922)
- Mail/contacts print view shows appropriate account name. (48734)
- Disabled fullscreen mode. (49242)
- Disabled 'Share Folder' for local folders. (49242)
- ‘mailto’ handling works when Zimbra Desktop is not running. (49559)
- Synchronization no longer occurs during program startup when account is set to sync manually. (49923)
- Moving messages using ‘m’ keyboard shortcut -- Search/Filter working. (49936)
- Unknown error when resuming resolved. (50077)
- Able to launch shared calendar in separate window. (50908)
- When Calendar shared with ‘Public’, calendar now shares. (50936)
- Can now move emails to a folder returned from a saved search. (50950)
- Calendar sync does not fail when calendar removed on initial sync. (50977)
- HTTP Error 501 does not occur after launching a calendar in separate window. (51015)
- User can decline share with 'sent standard message'. (51019)
- Private calendar entries ownership fixed. (51129)
- Using ‘QuickAdd Dialog’ box to create private calendar appointments in Zimbra Desktop works. (51227)
- ‘helper.exe’ no longer triggers UAC prompt at runtime. (51237)
- Gmail syncs. (51271)
- ‘SQLITE_BUSY’ avoidance no longer leads to deadlock. (51538)
- Notification added to DBG statements. (51681)
- Clicking on mail list in shared folder marks it read. (51758)
- Zimbra Desktop auto update works on Windows and Mac. (51825)
- One instance of Jetty running at a time. (51992)
- Synchronization of POP3 folder works. (52016)
- IMAP folder sync does not fail. (52019)
- Masked login passwords in the log for datasource account logins (52370)
- Move button valid to move messages. (52459)
- Disabled assertion in Zimbra Desktop. (52473)
- Importing data from 1.0 to 2.0 works appropriately. (52712)
- Signatures with spaces or umlauts in its name no longer cause a ‘NullPointerException’. (52717)
- No problem in Zimbra Desktop handling error condition (52764)
- Able to forward messages with attachments from Local Folders. (52846)
- Upgraded prism. (52924)
- No deadlock during Zimbra Desktop startup. (52925)
- Documents with non-ASCII names can have same case-insensitive names. (53018)
- No error when user clicks on any mail in shared folder. (53054)
- New documents in Briefcase now open with HTML editor toolbar. (53109)
- ‘keySequence’ defined. (53138)
- Moving a message from a saved search folder works. (53180)
- Print button works in 'Message View' when mail is opened in content pane. (53367)
- IMAP readAttributes() does not fail if space is missing after attribute. (53453)
- Network error does not occur when expanding conversation in shared folder. (53970)
- Correct account icon in All Mailboxes. (53995)
- No ‘SoapFaultException’ when selecting a single message conversation in All Mailboxes. (53997)
- Jetty process no longer running after upgrade. (54048)
- No sync failure when modifying ‘zimbraPrefForwardReplySignatureId’. (54156)
The following are known issues in Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 and will be addressed in the next major release.
- Bug 47552. Until Zimbra Desktop supports live backup of locally stored data, Zimbra Desktop users should regularly backup their accounts using the export tool (Preferences -> (account) -> Import/Export). Regular manual backup is even more important for POP accounts and Local Folders where you only have one copy of the data on local disk, as opposed to "synced accounts" like Zimbra, Yahoo, Gmail or IMAP where you have another copy of everything on back-end server.
- Bug 54128. Currently "Send To -> Mail Recipient" only works in Window Explorer. The full MAPI integration that includes the support in Microsoft Office and OpenOffice is coming in next ZD major release.
For more information about Zimbra Desktop 2.0, see http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Desktop_2_Release_Notes.