Upgrading Zimbra from RHEL4 to RHEL5
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
Zimbra Collaboration Suite 4.5.6 is the first version of ZCS that provides support on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) platform. This article describes the high level procedures in upgrading an existing ZCS installation from RHEL4 to RHEL5.
Note: We currently don't support RedHat Cluster (RHCS) on RHEL5. There is currently no date to support it.
1. Upgrade to ZCS 4.5.6 (build 1044) RHEL4/RHEL4_64.
2. Run the following command as root,
chkconfig zimbra off
3. Make sure that the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) is disabled by setting the following in /etc/selinux/config:
4. Upgrade the Operating System to RHEL5/RHEL5_64 by selecting the "Upgrade an existing installation" option.
5. Upgrade ZCS to 4.5.6 (build 1044) RHEL5/RHEL5_64.
Ignore the following error:
Backing up ldap /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slapcat: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory