Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook C2R
Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook Click-to-run versions
On a Windows PC hosting multiple user accounts, some users may not be able to "Create a new Zimbra Profile" when ZCO has been previously installed on a click-to-run Outlook version. This is due to a conflict with Outlook's Simplified Account Creation feature, which must be disabled on each account individually.
Note: Users may encounter this situation after their PC is migrated from Workgroup network model to Domain based model, as the SSO / Domain user is different than the local Workgroup user.
This affects all versions of the Zimbra Connector for Outlook with all Click-to-run versions of Outlook, including Outlook365.
To work around the issue you need to disable Simplified Account Creation in Outlook.
This is easily accomplished by re-installing ZCO on the affected account, which will make the necessary Windows Registry changes.
Alternatively, the Registry can be changed directly using one of the following methods:
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
- Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then press Enter.
- Right-click DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
- Exit Outlook
- Click on Windows button
- Search "cmd" and right click and select "Run as Administrator"
- Copy below text on command terminal and press enter to create/add required registry key.
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup /v DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
- Exit from command terminal.
- Now launch Outlook and you will get old way to select "Other Accounts" in account setup dialog.