Reconfigure Zimbra Admin access for Zimbra Talk application server
Reconfigure Zimbra-Admin access for Zimbra-Talk application server
During the installation, you are prompted for the Zimbra admin, and in case you entered the wrong credentials there:
- In case your Zimbra admin-account is not in the zimbra default domain, you eg. have to enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" instead of "admin" only.
- or you just entered the wrong password or changed that one later on you get this error.
To get this fixed, please execute on the talk-server's comand line:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure vnc-middleware
You are prompted at first if you want to reinstall your database:
- choose No here!
The next steps are similar to the installation process:
1. Choose Zimbra access protocol
2. Zimbra hostname
3. Zimbra Admin UI Port
4. Zimbra Admin username: Here you have to enter in case of admin not in default domain "'email@example.com"'
5. Zimbra Admin Password
Popup: Your middleware can not be installed/configured properly In debug-tools:
- 401 (Unauthorized) error messages on requests to <zimbra-url>/VNCmiddleware/*
Zimbra-Admin account-name or credentials have changed. Talk application server cannot access the admin-ui anymore.
Submitted by: Raunaq Malik