Installing a Thawte SSL Certificate on ZCS 5.0.x
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
Use the following instructions to import and install a Thawte SSL Certificate (in SSL123 format) on a ZCS 5.0.x server.
1. Generate the CSR from admin console and get it signed by Thawte in .pem format.
2. Save the cert in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial and rename it to commercial.crt. This directory should also contain commercial.key, which was generated at the time of CSR creation.
3. Download ThawteServerCA_b64.txt and save it at /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.
4. Run following commands as root:
cd /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/ /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm commercial.key commercial.crt ThawteServerCA_b64.txt
5. If output of above commands looks good, proceed to install the certificate.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm commercial.crt ThawteServerCA_b64.txt
6. Restart the Zimbra services.
su - zimbra zmcontrol stop zmcontrol start
7. Verify that the Web interface is loading correctly with the new certificate.