Features of Super Ajax Client and Basic Html Client
- This is archive documentation, which means it is not supported or valid for recent versions of Zimbra Collaboration.
Zimbra Collaboration Suite Ajax Web Client
Zimbra Collaboration Suite features a state-of-the-art Ajax web client- it's the ideal productivity tool for today's enterprise, service provider, academic, and government environments. By outpacing traditional desktop application performance and working in the web browser, Zimbra gives you a better messaging and collaboration experience plus zero desktop lock in. Key features:
Intuitive Message Management and Search
* Conversation View hides redundant messages that clutter up your inbox. View * Search Builder is a simple "WYSIWYG" tool to make advanced queries; save favorite searches as "virtual" message folders * "Tagging" automatically highlights email from important people. Tag View * You can view attachments (like Word or Acrobat files) immediately as HTML instead of downloading and opening them in another applications. Download View
The Ultimate Address Book
* Supports multiple Address Books (personal and server-side Global Address List). Multiple Address Book * Easily share Address Books and contacts with peers * Autocomplete from personal and/or Global Address List (GAL) Auto-Complete * Create personal distribution lists
* View multiple schedules as 'overlays' on your calendar, one click to toggle them on and off * Complete resource and group scheduling, with delegated access * Share and publish calendars with peers * Subscribe to remote calendars as iCal feeds
Powerful Online Documents
* Create, share, and publish rich Documents online * WYSIWYG editor makes it easy to add spreadsheets, images, etc. * Turn Documents into collaborative Wiki pages * First application to use the innovative AJAX Linking and Embedding (ALE) technology Zimbra pioneered
Easy Sharing and Publishing
* Simple sharing model common to Address Book, Calendar, and Documents * Share internally (read and/or write access) or publish externally with a simple URL (read only).
POP Account Aggregation
* Set up multiple external email accounts to be viewed and managed within ZCS * Email replies from different accounts can have different Signatures and Mail Identities
* Unified Messaging support that allows users to quickly launch calls, conference calls and to access voice mail from within the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.
Productivity Enhancing "Mash-ups"
* Use Zimlets to get single click access to calendar, contacts, maps, Salesforce, and more * Easily create new Zimlets for your unique needs. Zimlets View
* Users can choose their own color Themes * Administrators may quickly re-brand and/or create new Themes for ZCS.Customizing Logos and Themes for Open Source Edition
Zimbra Collaboration Suite Basic Html Client
* Basic Client mode is a non-Ajax web UI for poorer connections, legacy browsers, or easier accessibility. Basic Html view * Browse Email in Pure HTML mode. * Zimlets are not available in Basic Client. * Drag and Drop option is not available. * Global Address List : You cannot click on TO and select the address, You need to go to Add Recipients and search the contact and then add it. * Auto-Completion of Email Addresses is not available. * Viewing messages by conversation or by message view is not available. * Calendar, Tasks and Address Book options/tabs are not available.