For the most recent information on this CLI, including syntax and description, see ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities.
- Bug 31510 - New installs of ZCS will limit spam/ham cleanup to the first MTA installed. zmlocalconfig -e zmtrainsa cleanup_host=TRUE can be set to allow additional hosts to run zmtrainsa --cleanup. At least one host should have this set to true.
This command is used to train the anti-spam filter. This command is run automatically every night to train the SpamAssasin filter from messages users mark as “junk” “not junk” from their mailbox. See Anti-Spam Training Filters.
The zmtrainsa command can be run manually to forward any folder from any mailbox to the spam training mailboxes. If you do not enter a folder name when you manually run zmtrainsa for an account, for spam, the default folder is Junk. For ham, the default folder is Inbox.
zmtrainsa <user> spam|ham [folder]
- zmtrainsa has no server argument in 5.0.2.
- As of 4.5.6 the user's password is no longer needed:
su zimbra /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa firstname.lastname@example.org spam|ham folderName
(I do not remember if 4.5.5 actually got the no password required RFE before it was verified in 4.5.6 but it was relatively easy because zmspamextract (which used by zmtrainsa) already supported extracting messages from users' folders with admin auth credentials.)
Prior to ZCS 4.5.4
Prior to 4.5.4: zmtrainsa <server> <user> <pass> <spam|ham>
- Anti-Spam Training Filters Anti-Spam Training Filters
- Improving Anti-spam system
- IMAP and Outlook Spam training