CLI zmrestore Network Edition only
CLI zmrestore Network Edition
The CLI command zmrestore is available only on ZCS Network Edition. For the most recent information on this CLI, including syntax and description, see ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities.
- Bug 35278 - Beginning in ZCS 6.0, a new option --skipDeletes has been added to zmrestore. If specified, zmrestore skips over deleted operations during replay.
This tool performs full restores and incremental restores for a designated mail host. You can either specify specific accounts, or, if no accounts are specified, all accounts are in the backup are restored. In addition, you can restore to a specific point in time.
This utility has short option names and full names. The short option is preceded by a single dash, the full option is proceeded by a double dash. For example, -rf is the same as --restorefullBackupOnly.
|Long Name||Short Name||Description|
|--account||-a||<arg> Specifies the account email addresses. Separate accounts with a blank space or type all to restore all accounts.|
|--backedupRedologs Only||-br||Replays the redo logs in backup only, which excludes archived and current redo logs of the system|
|--continueOnError||-c||Continue to restore other accounts when an error occurs|
|--createAccount||-ca||Restores accounts to target accounts whose names are prepended with prefix. (Can only be used in commands that use the -pre option.)|
|--debug||-d||Display diagnostics for debugging purposes|
|--help||-h||Displays the usage options for this command|
|--ignoreRedoErrors||If true, ignore all errors during redo log replay|
|--label||-lb||<arg> The label of the full backup to restore. Restores to the latest full backup if this is omitted.|
|--prefix||-pre||<arg> The prefix to pre-pend to the original account names|
|--restoreAccount||-ra||Restores the account in directory service|
|-restoreToIncrLabel||<arg>Replay redo logs up to and including this incremental backup|
|-restoreToRedoSeq||<arg> Replay up to and including this redo log sequence|
|-restoreToTime||<arg> Replay rodo logs until this time|
|--restorefullBackup Only||-rf||Restores to the full backup only, not any incremental backups since that backup.|
|--server||-s||<arg> Mail server host name. For format, use either the plain host name or the server.domain.com name. The default is the localhost name.|
|--skipDeletes||If true, do not execute delete operation during redo log replay. See http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31824#c5 on what delete operations are.|
|--skipDeletedAccounts||Do not restore if named accounts were deleted or did not exist at backup time. (This option is always enabled with -a all)|
|--systemData||-sys||Restores global tables and local config|
|--target||-t||<arg> Specifies the backup target location. The default is <zimbra_home>/backup.|
- Perform complete restore of all accounts on server1, including last full backup and any incremental backups since last full backup.
zmrestore -a all -s server1.domain.com
- Perform restore only to last full backup, excluding incremental backups since then, for all accounts on server1.
zmrestore -rf -a all -s server1.domain.com
- Create a new account from a backup of the target account. The name of the new account will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
zmrestore -a email@example.com -ca -pre new_
- ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition 5.0 > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities > zmrestore
- 5.0.x Network Edition Backup and Restore
- ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition 4.5 > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities > zmrestore
- 4.5 Backup and Restore Documentation
- Category:Backup and Restore
- Latest Backup and Restore Documentation
- More information on the zmrestore restoreToTime option