Difference between revisions of "Zimbra Suite Plus/Zimbra Backup Plus/Admin Guide"
m (1 revision imported: Zimbra Suite Plus)
Revision as of 00:55, 8 September 2016
Zimbra Backup Plus - Admin Guide
Zimbra Backup Plus - Admin Guide
To enable and use the Zimbra Backup Plus Module you'll need:
- An active Zimbra Suite Plus License with Zimbra Backup Plus Module enabled.
- The Zimbra Suite Plus and the Zimbra Suite Plus Admin Zimlet installed on a supported version of Zimbra.
- Full user rights on the machine:
- Admin access to Zimbra (usually https://myserver.mydomain.tld:7071/).
- Root access to the Operating System.
For informations about the First Run of Zimbra Backup Plus, please read the Zimbra Backup Plus Initialization page.
The Zimbra Backup Plus Module MUST be initialized to work properly. No initialization means no Real Time Scanner, no Scan Scheduling and no import functions. All operations will be ignored.
Also, remember to join the community in the Forums!
- The Zimbra Backup Plus section of the Zimbra Suite Plus Administration Zimlet, explained.
- Dedicated Zimbra Backup Plus info for infrastructure running multiple zimbra-store (mailboxd) servers.
- List of all commands in the Zimbra Suite Plus CLI
- Step-by-step guide on running an Incremental Migration, with no downtime and minimum effort.
- All you need to know about the Zimbra Backup Plus Operation Queue.
- Tips on how to use Zimbra Backup Plus on Zimbra Network Edition.
- Quick and smart coherency check.
- Remove old deleted items from the backup path.
- Informations about the main Zimbra Backup Plus engine: the Real Time Scanner.
- Save a snapshot of your current data on any location.
- Manage your backup per-COS.
- Restore the status and data fora mailbox as it was in a moment in time without affecting the original account.
- Restore any item deleted from a mailbox in a period of time.
- Restore your data from an External Backup or from a valid Zimbra Backup Plus Path.
- Restore a deleted account.
- Restore a single Item in a mailbox (CLI only).
- Handy guide for when your Zimbra server goes boom.
- Learn about unrestorable items and how to deal with them.
When starting an import or a restore with Zimbra Backup Plus the "Apply HSM Policy" option is available.
Enabling this option will force Zimbra HSM Plus to apply the HSM policy for each mailbox Zimbra Backup Plus is done restoring, so while the restore itself will be completely done on the primary store, as soon as a mailbox is completely restored the proper data will be moved to the secondary store.
Backup Path maintenance
- When a SmartScan is not enough, the "doCoherencyCheck" operation kicks in.
Tips 'n Tricks
- "Unofficial" guide on how to move a mailbox between two mailbox servers. Use it wisely.
ADVANCED Taking Additional/Offsite backups of Zimbra Backup Plus's Datastore]]
- DOs and DONTs for those who want to remotely store a copy of their Zimbra Backup Plus Datastore.
- Save precious disk space after a migration or restore. Easy and smooth.
Zimbra Suite Plus Migration Tool
- Step-by-step guide on how to export your data with the Zimbra Suite Plus Migration Tool.
- Step-by-step guide on how to import your data with Zimbra Backup Plus.
- Zimbra official guidelines for Filesystem Performance Tuning apply to Zimbra Backup Plus too: Zimbra Performance Guidelines Filesystem
- We strongly advice against the use of network shares (or any high access latency solution) as the main Zimbra Backup Plus store.
- Need to validate your backup? Check out the Backup Validation Guide
- While accounts are immediatly available for use when an import operation is running, configuring on Zimbra Desktop an account which is still being imported will greatly slow down the restore operation. Please only configure Zimbra Desktop after the import operation is completed.
- Due to an issue in Zimbra's date selector, all dates displayed in the restore wizards when logging into the Zimbra Administration Console with an account using the en_GB locale will be nonsensical. Please set the user's locale to en_EN to solve this issue.
- When the "Empty Trash" or "Empty Folder" are used, the account will be flagged as "Dirty" and a Live Full Scan on the account will be triggered at the first restore. This is to prevent data loss due to the implementations of such functions in Zimbra Open Source Edition.
- Emails downloaded via POP3 protocol and deleted from the server during a restore will not be backupped. This problem will be fixed soon.
- GalSync resource accounts and settings are not being restored. If a complete domain is imported, GalSync must be reconfigured and a sync must be forced with the command
`zmgsautil forceSync -a email@example.com -n InternalGAL`
Zimbra Suite Plus Resources
Here you can find useful resources for your Zimbra Suite Plus environment