Information about security fixes, security response policy and vulnerability rating classification are listed below. See the Zimbra Security Response Policy and the Zimbra Vulnerability Rating Classification information below for details.
|Zimbra Collaboration Suite:
- Added ChangePrimaryEmailRequest to zmprov to change the primary email address of an account while keeping the existing account active as an alias, with no account outage. (Bug 104915)
- Hierarchical Address Book (Beta) - An Hierarchical Address Book (HAB) is an enhancement of the Global Address List (GAL) that includes organization information, enabling contact selection by sub-organization and seniority. This initial Beta gives administrators the ability to add and view organizational data from the Linux console.
|Zimbra Connector for Outlook:
- Office365 - Official Support for Microsoft's subscription-based Office365 desktop Outlook 2016 installation.
- Outlook 2019 (Beta) - Microsoft released Office 2019 on 24 Sept 2018. ZCO has been updated and tested for compatibility with the 2019 Preview. The Beta designation will be updated based on our testing with the official release, now in progress.
- Issue Reporting improvements, phase I - This feature aims to reduce TCO and improve support by helping to obtain more complete information about problems earlier. Phase I expands user's log file file management capabilities, and introduces the ability to securely share compressed logs with administrators via Zimbra Briefcase.
- On LOOL Server, enabled file logging on information level by default, created the directory /opt/zimbra/log/when installing docs.
- With Zimbra in http-only mode but using an external reverse proxy for https, docs will now use the zimbraPublicServiceProtocol attribute and redirect to the appropriate URL. In all previous versions, Docs was unusable in this configuration.
- All NG operations now allow optional synchronous operation and result feedback, by using --sync which waits for the operation to complete and returns a 1 or 0 exit code.
- The --sync flag works similarly to --progress, but without the feedback.
- If both flags are set, --progress has higher priority.
- Ensure that Archive accounts can be restored when mailbox licenses are fully utilized. Previously, the inability to create these accounts could fail a restore or migration operation.
- Fixed handling of ActiveSync requests with deviceID=0. In the Zimbra Admin Web Interface, under ZeXtras -> ZxMobile, a new device is added under the 'Registered Devices'. The new device has 0 as 'Device ID'. In case of ABQ Strict or Interactive; the device will stay in the dummy mailbox until a new DeviceID is set (there is no way to manually allow the client). The log information about the cluster entry state has been reduced.
|NG Admin Console:
- The admin zimlet now points to the documentation of the version used, instead of "latest".
- Fixed Visualization problem with file shared via chat.
- No change.
- Zimbra Drive is compatible with:
- NextCloud versions 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 only (See NextCloud store for latest.)
- ownCloud versions 9.0, 9.1, and 10 only
- Incorporated documentation for Zimbra Talk V2 into Zimbra Admin Guide.
|Various|| The 8.8.10 release includes all fixes provided in 8.8.9 patches. |
|Admin|| Fixed several bugs in the Admin Console:
- If focus is in Reply-to field when modifying Distribution List preferences, the value entered there is now saved. (Bug 108486)
- '"Move alias" operation was not functional (Bug 93638)
- Were unable to remove entry for 'Direct member of' when editing a Distribution List when only member was another Distribution List (Bug 100180)
- An error message "Value is required" was shown when "Reset to COS value" button was clicked (Bug 108485)
- "Undefined" entry was added if "ZIMBRA" was selected as "Free/Busy Interop Provider" (Bug 93640)
|Delegated Admin|| Fixed a number of bugs related to Delegated Admin in the Admin Console:
- CrossMailboxSearch: Group label was shown even when all setting items of the group were hidden on New Account dialog (Bug 108542)
- GetEffectiveRightsRequest failed when a delegated admin could not read zimbraMailHost (Bug 108536)
- An error dialog is shown when account status of a calendar resource is set to Closed on delegated admin (Bug 108533)
- Save button in Gear menu in Resource edit page did not become enabled when info changed (Bug 108509)
- Password and Signature were not shown in New Resource dialog on delegated admin (Bug 108527)
- domain list was not shown in "Edit a domain alias" dialog on delegated admin (Bug 108511)
- delegated admin who manages all domains could not delete a domain or edit resource signatures (Bug 108510)
- "Admin Group" was not hidden even if a delegated admin cannot read/write zimbraIsAdminGroup (Bug 108513)
- Items of Certificate were shown in Theme tab on delegated admin (Bug 108482)
- delegated admin could not see the value of description in account, resource and domain edit pages (Bug 108480)
- wrong number of domains were shown in top page on delegated admin (Bug 108475)
- "auto" checkbox for Location Display Name of a calendar resource was not shown on delegated admin (Bug 108469)
- Email address was not shown in Account Edit page when logging in to delegated admin account (Bug 108322)
- Group of Voice/Chat settings still remained visible even when all items of the group were hidden (Bug 108329)
- The server status is now hidden for delegated admin to protect license and other server-specific information. (Bug 108523)
- Two Factor Authentication group label was not hidden even if all TFA settings items were hidden (Bug 108512)
- "New administrator" creation button was not disabled for delegated admin without required rights (Bug 108503)
- "Account Limits" in domain settings could not be shown even when adminConsoleDomainLimitsTabRights was added (Bug 108327)
- Had been unable to remove "Dynamic Group" from distribution properties page (Bug 108499)
- After performing a bulk migration, the Delegated Admin user encountered an `HTTP Error 403` when attempting to download the list of provisioned accounts (Bug 108539)
|S/MIME|| Fixed a bug in signature validation, so the SMIME certificate of a secure message sender will be saved to the corresponding Contact. |
|ZCO|| Upgraded zlib 3rd party compression library to latest version 1.2.11. |
|ZWC|| New users logging in for the first time were not being shown emails that arrived previously, if COS had the setting `zimbraFeatureConversationsEnabled` set "false". This has been fixed. |
|Themes|| Fixed a problem when deploying custom themes, where an `"Error: Could not find or load main class com.zimbra.kabuki.tools.img.ImageMerger"` message occurred. |
|Backup|| Ensure legacy backup is disabled when NG Backup is initialized. |
|Multi-Node|| Upgraded zimbra-proxy-component. Nginx lookup will now fail over to next server when peer store server is down or can't connect. (See Bug 107566.) |
|ZCO|| A user may experience an Outlook crash while sharing Inbox, Calendar, Contacts or Task folder when either ZCO client machine is disconnected from the internet Or if Zimbra Collaboration Server(ZCS) is down. |
|ZCO|| If a new ZCO profile is created while search indexing is in process for a previously existing ZCO profile, the new profile may be improperly linked to the index for the old profile. This may be resolved by restarting the Windows search: If Outlook search doesn’t work, Exit from the Outlook and restart 'Windows Search Service' or restart 'Search Protocol Host' process. Affected versions: 8.8.8 and later. |
|ZCO|| On a Windows PC hosting multiple user accounts, some users may not be able to "Create a new Zimbra Profile" when ZCO has been previously installed on a click-to-run Outlook version. Users may encounter this situation after their PC is migrated from Workgroup network model to Domain based model, as the SSO / Domain user is different than the local Workgroup user. For more information, see [(https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/index.php?curid=23757 KB 23757]. |
Downloading and building our Zimbra Code? Keep reading... Starting ZCS 8.7.6 and above we have new steps to download, build and see our code via Github: