Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch 10 GA Release
Information about security fixes, security response policy and vulnerability rating classification are listed below. See the Zimbra Security Response Policy and the Zimbra Vulnerability Rating Classification information below for details.
|Fix Release or
|107948||Persistent XSS - mail addrs [CWE-79]||3.5||Minor||8.6.0 Patch10|
|106811||Limited XXE [CWE-611]||CVE-2016-9924||4.3||Minor||8.6.0 Patch10|
|108786||Persistent XSS - content-location [CWE-79]||CVE-2018-6882||4.3||Minor||8.6.0 Patch10|
|97579||login CSRF protection: ZWC login form does not use a csrf token [CWE-352]||CVE-2015-7610||5.8||Major||8.6.0 Patch10|
|108894||SOAP API should not return a value for zimbraSSLPrivateKey||3.6||Minor||8.6.0 Patch10|
Before Installing the Patch
Before installing the patch, consider the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration patches can be found at https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbracollaboration
- Patches are cumulative, and delivered as a TGZ file.
- A full backup should be performed before any patch is applied. There is no automated roll-back.
- Zimlet patches can include removing existing Zimlets and redeploying the patched Zimlet.
- Only files or Zimlets associated with installed packages will be installed from the patch.
- Switch to user zimbra before using ZCS CLI commands.
- Important! You cannot revert to the previous ZCS release after you upgrade to the patch.
Install the Patch
Note: This patch should be installed on all nodes running in your environment.
1. Before you begin, confirm you have the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 GA installed
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch10 TGZ file
2. Copy the patch.tgz file(s) to your server.
3. Install Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 Patch10
- a. Log in as root and cd to the directory where the tar file is saved. Type
tar xzf zcs-patch-8.6.0_GA_XXX.tgz cd zcs-patch-8.6.0_GA_XX
- b. As root, install the patch. Type
- c. Switch to user zimbra
su – zimbra
- d. ZCS must be restarted to changes to take effect. Type
Note: For users who have the web-client open and are running the FOSS edition, the refresh notice mightstate that you have changed to the NETWORK Edition; however, your feature set will remain FOSS only.
Try now Zimbra Collaboration without any cost with the 60-day free Trial.
Get it now »
Want to get involved?
You can contribute in the Community, in the Wiki, in the Code, or developing Zimlets.
Find out more. »
Other Help Resources
Looking for a Video?
Visit our YouTube Channel to keep posted about Webinars, technology news, Product overviews and more.
Go to the YouTube Channel »