Zimbra Next Generation Modules/Zimbra NG Mobile
Zimbra NG Mobile
Zimbra NG Mobile
Zimbra NG Mobile User Interface Overview
What is Zimbra NG Mobile
The Zimbra NG Mobile module provides an ActiveSync interface to any Zimbra Open Source Edition server, allowing your users to synchronize their mobile phones to the mail server giving access to both Email and advanced features like Calendars, Address Books and Notes.
The ActiveSync protocol
ActiveSync is a moblile synchronization protocol developed by Microsoft. The implementation used by Zimbra NG Mobile is called Exchange Active Sync, and provides PUSH synchronization of Calendars, Address Books and Emails between an ActiveSync-enabled server and multiple devices such as Mobile Phones, Tablets, PDAs and Desktop Compuers.
It's the only protocol, together with Research In Motions' BES/BIS, to offer real PUSH updates.
Major features of Zimbra NG Mobile Module are:
- Push emails, calendars and address books.
- Fully featured Calendar synchronization including Calendar Attachments and Recurring Appointments.
- Fully featured Address Book synchronization including Contact Photos, Custom Fields and Multiple Entries.
- Fully featured Tasks synchronization (only on devices/clients that support this feature)
- Shared folder synchronization - new in Zimbra Next Generation Modules 2.0
- GAL searches.
- Two-Way synchronization.
- Advanced search - perform mailbox-wide searches even on not synchronized items.
- Attachment Management.
- Send, accept, decline or reschedule meetings directly from your mobile.
- No configuration needed - enable the Zimbra NG Mobile Module and manage your devices via the Zimbra Next Generation Modules Adminsitration Zimlet!
- Manage multiple accounts on the same device.
See License Management for all the informations you need about the licensing system and management.
In order for your users to be able to synchronize their Zimbra mailbox with your mobile device you need to enable the synchronization for either one or more users or one or more classes of service (or a mix of the two).