Difference between revisions of "Zimbra NG Modules/Zimbra NG Backup/LDAP Backup and Restore with Backup NG"
m (1 revision imported)
m (Jorge de la Cruz moved page LDAP Backup and Restore with Backup NG to Zimbra NG Modules/LDAP Backup and Restore with Backup NG)
Revision as of 12:10, 29 November 2017
Zimbra NG Backup - LDAP Backup and Restore
LDAP is automatically backed up nightly after the scheduled SmartScan on every mailbox server, or can be manually backed up by using the
zxsuite backup doBackupLDAP command:
LDAP Backup Configuration
ldapDumpEnabled server attribute controls whether LDAP is backed up during the SmartScan. By default, this attribute is set to true.
LDAP Backup files
Backup files are compressed and stored in the
server subdirectory of the Backup Path. Backups are named
ldap_[timestamp].tar.gz and contains the following files:
- ldap.ldif (main user information)
- ldap-schema.ldif (schema information)
- ldap-config.ldif (backup of all cn=config elements)
The files are in standard ldif format and compatible with the LDAP CLI toolset.
Before restoring an LDAP from the backup, make sure that:
- The LDAP service is not running
- The /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config directory is empty and writeable
- The /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/db directory is empty and writeable
- Unpack the backup file you wish to use for the restore
- Run the following commands from the directory containing the backup files as the `zimbra` user.
/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapadd -c ldap-config.ldif