Difference between revisions of "ZCS 4.5.x Mass delete of Contacts"
(Adding 4.5 template, Article Footer, and Category)
m (Adding category)
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
Revision as of 20:58, 24 November 2009
Here is the scenerio for the proposed situation.
My company uses dotProject to store the Master List of contacts, as well as project management. For now, untill I get a fancy zimlet made, once a week I want to ...
I created a email account firstname.lastname@example.org. This account has shared contacts.
If you don't delete the contacts that are in there, before you do the import, you will end up with duplicate contacts.
- ssh into the server, I use putty ssh
- paste the following command to delete the contacts.
- /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov sm email@example.com emptyFolder /contacts
- now you can import your contacts via the csv uploader, in the options of your mail box.
- I upload them into the shared folder, through my account.
But explain to your users that what they have in there will be deleted.