Difference between revisions of "Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook 2016"
(Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook 2016)
Revision as of 07:39, 3 October 2017
Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook 2016
Starting with MS Outlook Version 16.0.8431.2046 (approx.) it is no longer possible to select "Other Accounts" in Outlook account setup dialog. Thus it makes it impossible to create Zimbra Profiles although the Zimbra OLK was installed correctly/successfully.
Bug https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=108476 is filed for the same
To workaround the issue you need to disable simplified Account Creation in Outlook 2016.
Steps to disable simplified Account Creation in Outlook 2016: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures,as appropriate for your version of Windows.
-Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe, and then click OK. -Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
3. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
4. After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Type DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then press Enter.
6. Right-click DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then click Modify.
7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
8. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.