Troubleshooting Voicemail issues
ZCS 8 introduced the ability to integrate Cisco/Mitel solutions out of the box with Zimbra. This page is aimed to help administrators verify the setup and troubleshoot some common issues.
Official documentation on how to use this feature -- "Administrator's Guide" -> "Using the Voice Service".
Things to Verify
Most of the reported issues have been because of a misconfiguration and so the verifying the below should fix the more common problems.
- Zimlet for the respective service provider should be deployed. At no point should both the cisco and the mitel zimlet be deployed, only deploy the one which is going to be used.
Make sure only one of the above is deployed --
zmzimletctl undeploy com_zimbra_click2call_cisco zmzimletctl undeploy com_zimbra_click2call_mitel
- License needs to have --
- Make sure "zimbraUCProviderEnabled" is set correctly --
zmprov gacf "zimbraUCProviderEnabled"
- Make sure the below is set, so that any certificate mistrust issues are ignored --
zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_accept_untrusted_certs=true zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_mismatched_certs=true zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_untrusted_certs=true
- Example from a setup running with Mitel --
zmprov gucs mitel # name Mitel cn: Mitel objectClass: zimbraUCService zimbraCreateTimestamp: 20121220181917Z zimbraId: dca6842e-011a-4d0f-9605-a94655a2b6d2 zimbraUCCallControlURL: https://10.0.10.10/ucs/ws/services/csta zimbraUCProvider: mitel zimbraUCUserURL: https://10.0.10.10/ucs/ws/service/ucs zimbraUCVoicemailURL: https://10.0.10.10/ucs/ws/service/NpViewService
- Verify that the proxy allowed domains has the entries for the URL's which were used to setup the service. If using IP then please specify IP, if using FQDN then please specify FQDN.
Admin Console > COS > <cos_name> > Advanced > Proxy Allowed Domains
From the above example, the proxy allowed domains should have had "10.0.10.10".
- Verify that the user belongs to the COS which has Voice service enabled.
- Many of the UC features run on the client and so the best way to trouble shoot is to enable firebug, and track the post and responses from the server.