Troubleshooting Course Content Rough Drafts-Zimbra Architecture Component Overview
Zimbra Architecture / Component Overview
Architecture Overview - *insert architecture image here*
Components - *insert architecture image here*
Zimbra Ldap - OpenLdap
- What is OpenLdap
- What is it used for
- How does Zimbra use OpenLdap
- The importance if OpenLdap
Zimbra MTA - Postfix
- What is a MTA
- What does it do
- How does Zimbra use a MTA/Postfix specifically
Zimbra Reverse-Proxy - NGINX
- What is a Reverse-Proxy
- What is Nginx and why we use Nginx
- How does Zimbra utilize Nginx for large scale environments
- The importance if Nginx
Zimbra Mailbox Server - "Mailboxd"
- What is a Mailbox Server
- What is it
- How does Zimbra use the Mailbox Server
- The importance of the Mailbox Server
Zimbra AntiSpam/Antivirus - Amavisd - SpamAssassin - ClavAV
- What is AmavisD, SpamAssassin, ClamAV
- What do they do
- AmavisD - amavisd-new is a high-performance interface between mailer (MTA) and content checkers: virus scanners, and/or SpamAssassin. (http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/)
- How does Zimbra use Amavis, SA, ClamAV
- The importance and the requirement
Zimbra Client architecture
- Webclient - HTML, AJAX
- Desktop clients - outlook, macmail, thunderbird
- Mobile - IOS, andoird, windowsphone - Activesync, pop, imap
- What is Postfix?
- How does Zimbra use Postfix
- How does the client communicate with the Proxy?
- How does the client communicate with the Mailbox Server?
- What is AmavisD?
- How does Zimbra utilize AmavisD as a AntiSpam/AntiVirus?