Troubleshooting Course Content Rough Drafts-Recover Missing Data - User
Need To Do
- review training materials for sys admin course
- determine what should be 'video' and how it can all be built upon preceding steps in a hands on training manner
General Overview Of Backup Environment
Backup Directory Partition & Filesystem
dedicated backup partition - only use supported methods:
- no cifs, etc
- nfs - limited support
Standard Backup or Autogroup
Backup CLI Commands
Monitoring And Maintenance Of Backups
monitoring backups and disk usage
Questions To Ask & Address Prior To Doing A Server Restore
Should I shutdown ZCS services or block client access until issue and resolution are identified? What data needs to really be restored - can you restore just that or does it need a full restore?
Server Restores - Disaster Recoveries
Server Cloning - Server Moves/Testing Purposes
Questions To Ask & Address Prior To Doing A User Restore
- In Users Dumpster ?
- What are your retention policies and how it might determine the backup set you need?
- Copy on third party client ?
- Other User Have Data ?
- In redologs ?
- Restore from backups ?
- Admin Console
- Redirected restore : -ca -pre restored_
- View Mail > TGZ export/import
- to latest point in time
- to specific point in time in past
- to incremental session label
- to full backup label
- Importing Restored Data Into Parent Account
Trouble-shooting Backup/Restore Issues And Other General Questions
Restore Compatibility Between ZCS Versions