Translation and Moderation
Language Translation and Moderation
The following are best practices for maintaining and creating new translations for Zimbra Collaboration Suite. Language Moderators make sure these best practices are maintained and also manage the 'check in' of the language pack to Forum threads.
Languages need to be updated with each release of ZCS.
- Moderators notify team members (via email alias, PM, etc) updates will be needed when latest ZCS beta release is available
- Moderator and language team members compare the current English translation with the current translation using the 'diffs tool'.
- Team agrees on division of work and provides the new strings to the Moderator
- If the language is double byte, Moderator must run the 'normalization' tool to normalize the strings for Lantin/ISO1
- Once the translations are complete, Moderator will post the latest version in their Forum thread and also run the 'stat' tool that will generate completion statistics. Moderator inserts these statistics on the Language Wiki.
- Languages will be placed in SVN (by Zimbra or Moderator depending on what we work out).
Language / version naming conventions: more to come...
Current Moderator List
Language packs are owned by Moderators, who will maintain the most current version on the wiki. We encourage those who want to participate making translations to contact the language moderator (or the Zimbra team if there is not moderator assigned). Most moderators have an email list.
How to become a moderator: First, you must be a Forum member and fill in a contribution agreement. Send the agreement to the Zimbra Team and once approved we will provide access to edit the Language Wiki and a Language Forum.
|Language||Moderator||Contact Email||Contributors||Forum Thread||Join|
|Chinese (Traditional: Hong Kong)||-||-||-||-||-|