Difference between revisions of "Resetting LDAP & MySQL Passwords"

(Resetting the LDAP Password)
(Resetting the LDAP Password)
Line 6: Line 6:
  
 
Try running:
 
Try running:
>su zimbra
+
 
>zmcontrol stop
+
>su zimbra
 +
 
 +
>zmcontrol stop
  
 
Just to be safe, you can make sure that all Zimbra services are stopped:
 
Just to be safe, you can make sure that all Zimbra services are stopped:
>ps auxww | grep zimbra
+
 
>ps auxww | grep slapd
+
>ps auxww | grep zimbra
 +
 
 +
>ps auxww | grep slapd
 +
 
  
 
Kill any left over processes.
 
Kill any left over processes.
Line 19: Line 24:
 
First the root(note: these are run as user zimbra)
 
First the root(note: these are run as user zimbra)
  
>zmldappasswd --root '''newpass'''
+
>zmldappasswd --root '''newpass'''
  
 
Next the zimbra:
 
Next the zimbra:
>zmldappasswd '''newpass'''
+
 
 +
>zmldappasswd '''newpass'''
  
 
Make sure you use the same password for both!
 
Make sure you use the same password for both!

Revision as of 02:11, 16 May 2006

By far, one of the most common problems in getting a service started is an incorrect password.


Resetting the LDAP Password

First, we need to make sure that Zimbra is stopped.

Try running:

>su zimbra
>zmcontrol stop

Just to be safe, you can make sure that all Zimbra services are stopped:

>ps auxww | grep zimbra
>ps auxww | grep slapd


Kill any left over processes.

Now, we can reset the passwords:

First the root(note: these are run as user zimbra)

>zmldappasswd --root newpass

Next the zimbra:

>zmldappasswd newpass

Make sure you use the same password for both!

Resetting the Logger Password

Resetting the Mailbox Password

Jump to: navigation, search