Nokia E-Series with Self-Signed SSL Certificate
Nokia E61/E62 With Self-Signed SSL Certificate Setup
- This setup assumes you installed Zimbra with the default self-signed Certificate
- You want to a secure connection to your Zimbra server via Mail for Exchange (latest is version 1.3.1)
- I tried all kinds of different ways to get the cert onto the E62 without resorting to putting it on the webserver, but it was the only way to get it working. When I transferred via bluetooth, I would always get Invalid File Format errors. Putting the cert on the web server and setting the mime type is a solution I found via google.
- Setup your CA certificate so your E62 can download it:
Login to zimbra server and convert CA from .pem format to .der format su - zimbra cd /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca openssl x509 -outform der -in ca.pem -out ca.der cp /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.der /opt/zimbra/httpd/htdocs/ cd /opt/zimbra/httpd/htdocs vi /opt/zimbra/httpd/conf/mime.types (add the end of the file, add the following line) application/x-x509-ca-cert der (as zimbra) zmapachectl stop zmapachectl start (Is your firewall port 7780 opened? It needs to be to use this approach...)
- Transfer Zimbra server CA to your E62:
With your E62, browse to http://yourzimbradomain.com:7780/ca.der (you should be prompted to install the CA certificate) Ensure you check both checkboxes for the trust settings for Internet and Online Certificate Check
- Your CA certificate should now be on your phone.
You can verify that your CA was installed on your E62 by going to Settings > Config > Security > Certif Management and looking for your Zimbra CA