Moving ZCS to New Server
Two ways to move ZCS setup from your existing server to new server:
First Method: If you are moving to new server and have latest backup with you then you should follow these steps:
- Install a new server. Keep the server name same.
- Take a latest full backup in your current running server.
- Install the same version of ZCS which is running on your current system.
- Copy /opt/zimbra/backup directory from the old server to the new server in the same location.
- Now restore the data on new server using "zmrestore" command as follows:
$ zmrestore -sys -ra -a all -c
After issuing this command the data will get restored properly and if any error occurs it will be prompted after the process is completed. You will get an notification that admin and wiki accounts are not restore, which you have to restore manually after this, as follows: $ zmrestore -a firstname.lastname@example.org $ zmrestore -a email@example.com
Second Method: Second method which you can follow is using rsync command, here are the steps:
- Stop your existing ZCS using "zmcontrol stop".
- Check if no zimbra process is running if so kill that process.
- Do a cold and offline backup of /opt/zimbra directory using rsync command:
# rsync -avrlHKpogDT /opt/zimbra /opt/zimbra.bak
- Copy the zimbra.bak file to the new server.
- On new server, install the same version of ZCS.
- Stop ZCS on new server using "zmcontrol stop".
- Remove the complete zimbra directory:
# rm -rf /opt/zimbra
- Restore from cold backup using rsync command:
# rsync -avrlHKpogDT /opt/zimbra.bak /opt/zimbra