Log-in to adminUI hangs after upgrade to zcs 8.6

Revision as of 13:47, 27 January 2015 by Teodor Vizirov (talk | contribs)

Problem:

After upgrade to zcs 8.6.0, the log-in hangs indefinitely.


Troubleshooting:

Prerequisites:

a). Make sure the networking is configured correctly

b). Check DNS configuration


Web console

Open Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner), select the "Developer" icon > Web Console. It has couple of tabs listed at the top, but we will be only paying attention to the "Console" and "Network" tabs. As the web console is open, we try to log-in to the AdminUI. In the "Console" tab, there are couple of lines, as the last one is the following error:

TypeError: this._mbsList.loadEffectiveRights is not a function            Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz.js:30684

When clicking on the "Network" tab, we see that the trace stops at the "GetAllServersRequest". In fact, there are couple of the same requests (in this case 4) made, one after another. Based on the above error, we can see the problem is with a zimlet installed on the machine.

After comparing the zimlets from a default machine we see that there are some non-default zimlets on the problematic machine, probably manually installed or left there from previous old zcs installations.

The next thing that was observed was that the order of the default zimlets was different from the default one. Regrouping (zmzimletctl setPriority {zimlet} {priority}) did not fix the problem.

Lastly, we disabled all non-default zimlets, which fixed the problem. When this was done, we enabled one by one all of them, to see which one was causing the problem. It was
com_zimbra_xmbxsearch
That zimlet is too old and it's not compatible with zcs 8.6.


Logging

Here are excerpts from /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log file, showing us the logging for the problem.

2015-01-27 10:55:27,539 INFO  [qtp509886383-20:https://10.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/GetAdminConsoleUICompRequest] [name=
user@example.com.de;mid=1;ip=10.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF35 (Win);] soap - GetAdminConsoleUICompRequest elapsed=18
2015-01-27 10:55:27,720 DEBUG [qtp509886383-19:https://10.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/GetAdminSavedSearchesRequest] [] mis
c - Servlet (contextPath=/service active=0), Jetty pool (threads=10, idle=3, busy=7, room=243)
2015-01-27 10:55:27,722 INFO  [qtp509886383-19:https://10.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/GetAdminSavedSearchesRequest] [name=
user@example.com.de;mid=1;ip=10.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF35 (Win);] misc - delegated access: doc=GetAdminSavedSearches, aut
henticated account=user@example.com.de, target account=user@example.com.de
2015-01-27 10:55:27,728 INFO  [qtp509886383-19:https://10.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/GetAdminSavedSearchesRequest] [name=
user@example.com.de;mid=1;ip=10.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF35 (Win);] soap - GetAdminSavedSearchesRequest elapsed=6
2015-01-27 10:55:27,757 DEBUG [qtp509886383-18:https://10.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/GetAllServersRequest] [] misc - Serv
let (contextPath=/service active=0), Jetty pool (threads=10, idle=3, busy=7, room=243)


Conclusion:

Make sure all zimlets are up-to date and are supported by the zcs version.

Jump to: navigation, search