Zimbra - License Management
When your Zimbra Network Edition License expires, a license expiration warning will appear in the administrative console and web interface for all users. The server will then revert to a basic feature set. The following is a list of some of the major functions that will no longer be available:
* Backup/Restore * Zimbra Mobile (ActiveSync) * Zimbra Connector for Outlook * Zimbra Support for EWS * Zimbra Archiving and Discovery * Attachment Indexing * Cross Mailbox Search * Hierarchical Storage Management * S/MIME * 2FA
What happens after the license expires: => It goes into grace period, network features e.g. "storage management" are working.
- Are services running? => Yes
- Can you create/delete users? => Yes
- Mail operations working? => yes
If server goes in Grace period, what happens after Grace period expires?
- Says license is expired on CLI but on admin console in Configure -> Global Settings -> License, it shows normal.
- Not able to create users from CLI as well as admin console.
- Network features like SM and other are not usable, gets error "Critical SM Session failed. Error code service.LICENSE_ERROR Details Receiver License is not valid or feature AccountsLimit is disabled".
- Existing users are not able to login saying "License is expired"
- All network features stop working. Product goes into a limited version where mails work.
Why is the licensing grace period?
add more text
Subscription and Perpetual
Zimbra requires a license to in Trial Mode. All the available features will be activated for a 30-day period, with some limitations. You can obtain your Trial License by filling this form .
How to obtain a License
To obtain a license the following steps are required:
- Fill the next Quote Request Form
- Enter the number of mailboxes on your server. If your Company is a Gov agency, an Educational/Research institute or a Non-Profit Organization be sure to you select the correct option on the drop-down option.
- Add the comments you might have on the comments textarea
- Click the "Get a quote" button to proceed.
A Sales representative will get back to you shortly
How to activate a License
To activate a license, download from the Zimbra license file.
- Log into the Administration Console in Zimbra with an admin account.
- In the Left Pane of the Administration Console ...
If you are experiencing difficulties in uploading your license, you can try to do it using the Zimbra CLI. Simply upload your license file to the /tmp/ folder of your Zimbra server and run the following as the 'zimbra' user:
zmlicense -i /tmp/zimbra_license.xml zmlicense -a
If the "Customer" field does not display your name, please contact email@example.com, providing your Zimbra account and/or your Reseller's name