Installing a Verisign Test Certificate
Instructions on how to install a 15 day free trial Verisign Certificate on Zimbra Server:
- Go to http://www.verisign.com/ and select "Free SSL Trial".
- Fill out the form on the Free SSL Trial Certificate Page and click Continue
- Open a new browser window and create CSR through Zimbra Admin Console. Login to the Admin Console, click Certificates -> Install Certificate Button -> Select Target Server -> Select Generate the CSR for the commercial certificate authorizer -> create the CSR and download and save the CSR file
- Go back to verisign Free Trial SSL page and continue, fill out the required technical contact.
- When you are asked by Verisign abou the CSR, open your saved CSR file and copy paste the content to Verisign page
- Once you successfully submit your CSR, a trial Certificate will be created by Verisign and emailed to you.
- Once you receive the certificate, save it, say verisign_free_trial.crt
- Get the verisign Root CA for the certificate you just got and save it as root.ca. To get the root CA, go to http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/Trial_Secure_Server_Root/index.html.
- Get the verisign Intermediate CA for the certificate you just got and save it as intermediate.ca. To get the intermediate CA, go to http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/trial-secure-server-intermediate/index.html
- Go back to Admin Console and launch the Install Certificate wizard, pick the "Install the commercially signed certificate". When you are prompted to upload teh certificate, select verisign_free_trial.crt as Certificate, root.ca as Root CA, and intermediate.ca as Intermediate CA.
- Click Next and then Install. Your Commercial Certificate will be installed successfully.
- Restart the zimbra server.