Installing DigiCert commercial certificates
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
To generate the certificate signature request (CSR) use the command (all commands in this wiki are run as root in an arbitrary work directory):
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcsr comm -subject '/C=FR/ST=N\/A/L=N\/A/O=Your Company/OU=Your Department/CN=webmail.foo.com'
The CSR is stored in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.csr.
The private key is in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key.
Use the flag "-subjectAltNames host1,host2" if you need to specify host aliases.
Verify your CSR with:
/opt/zimbra/openssl/bin/openssl req -noout -text -in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.csr
Buy the certificate in http://www.digicert.com (create a customer account if you don't have one already) and purchase the certificate. Copy and paste the CSR file when requested. Take into account that certificates prices vary depending on the number of aliases you have in your CSR.
Fill the address (coherent with your domain owner address) and a valid e-mail contact.
After payment approval a validation e-mail is sent to the previous e-mail address and if all the info is coherent the certificates are issued and sent to the same e-mail address in a ZIP file.
The ZIP file contains 4 certificates :
- a - The site certificate corresponding to the CSR (host_name_com.crt)
- b - DigiCert's CA certificate (DigiCertCA.crt)
- c - DigiCert's High Assurance CA (DigiCertCA2.crt)
- d - Trusted Root certificate (TrustedRoot.crt)
Verify that all files end with an end of line. If not sure add an empty line at the end of each file.
- Copy the server certificate to the file
- Concatenate Digicert's CA certificate, Digicert's High Assurance CA certificate and the "Trusted Root" certificate into a single file named commercial_ca.crt:
cat DigiCertCA.crt DigiCertCA2.crt TrustedRoot.crt > commercial_ca.crt
- Validate the trust chain with the command:
/opt/zimbra/openssl/bin/openssl verify -CAfile commercial_ca.crt commercial.crt
it should say "commercial.crt: OK"
Deploy the new certificates with:
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm commercial.crt commercial_ca.crt
then restart Zimbra.