How to delete index data
Remove index data user wise
- Get the exact location of user's index data.
- Delete only data using 'rm-rf' command and not directories
- Execute the reindex command to re-create index data.
Following are the exact steps to remove and re-create the index data
- Pick user 'email@example.com' and obtain the mailbox ID:
zmprov gmi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you got the ID, for example '13', then the location of the index data would be:
If ID is 14, then the location would be :
- Now required to remove data from '/opt/zimbra/index/0/13/index/0/' location.
rm -rf /opt/zimbra/index/0/13/index/0/*
- Reindex account.
zmprov rim email@example.com start
It will regenerate the index for "firstname.lastname@example.org" account.
- To know the status of reindex
zmprov rim email@example.com status
|Submitted by: Navdeep Mathur|