HOT Backup and HOT Restore
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
ZMBKPOSE is a bash script to hot backup and hot restore Zimbra Collaboration Suite Opensource. ZMBKPOSE was first developed by Rubens Alonso Filho and improved by many other people.
Would be nice if we get some reports to be always improveing the tool,please contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com for bugs, suggestions and others.
1.0.0 - [Download]
1.0.5 - [Download]
Inside the package look at the README for instructions.
The zmbkpose tool is a shell script that does hot backup and hot restore of ZCS Opensource accounts
This tool DOES NOT DO disaster recovery.
It can run from any host in the net, which means that it can be set on a backup server already existent.
It was concepted after Zimbra released ZCS 5.0.12, where a new import/export feature was exposed to user can be able to do his archiving.
From that point it was clear for me that I just need to write a code to automatically get all user data from server, remotely via HTTP SOAP. Plus LDAP data.
So, it is possible to run full backups and restore even deleted accounts.
In the version 1.0.0 of zmbkpose, the tool provides:
- Full backup of all accounts.
- Full backup of any account.
- Incremental backup of all accounts.
- Incremental backup of any account.
- Lists all backup sessions done.
- Restore all contents (mail, contacts, appointments...) to any account.
- Restore deleted accounts back to directory and all of its contents.
- Restore only account attributes, like password, class of service, etc
To run zmbkpose it is necessary
- Install ldap-utils e curl utils
- Create /etc/zmbkpose
- Config /etc/zmbkpose/zmbkpose.conf file (bellow)
- Create the script from code bellow, giving execute permissions
- To see zmbkpose syntax, type just zmbkpose
You can find more informations and instructions (in portuguese) at http://www.kyapanel.com/wiki/doku.php?id=zimbra:zmbkpose