Difference between revisions of "HOT Backup and HOT Restore"
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
= GitHub =
= GitHub =
Since 25/07/2011, this project will be on the github and
Since 25/07/2011, this project will be on the github and contribs wellcome.
Revision as of 14:22, 25 July 2011
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
ZMBKPOSE is a bash script to hot backup and hot restore Zimbra Collaboration Suite Opensource. ZMBKPOSE was first developed by Rubens Alonso Filho and improved by many other people.
Would be nice if we get some reports to be always improveing the tool,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org for bugs, suggestions and others.
Since 25/07/2011, this project will be on the github and any contribs are wellcome.
1.0.1 - [Download]
1.0.5 - [Download]
Inside the package look at the README for instructions.
The zmbkpose tool is a shell script that does hot backup and hot restore of ZCS Opensource accounts, GPL(OPENSOURCE). It can run from any host in the net, which means that it can be set on a backup server already existent.
It was concepted after Zimbra released ZCS 5.0.12, where a new import/export feature was exposed to user can be able to do his archiving. From that point it was clear for me that I just need to write a code to automatically get all user data from server, remotely via HTTP SOAP. Plus LDAP data. So, it is possible to run full backups and restore even deleted accounts.
Till now, zmbkpose provides
- Full backup of all accounts;
- Full backup of any account;
- Incremental backup of all accounts;
- Incremental backup of any account;
- Lists all backup sessions done;
- Restore all contents (mail, contacts, appointments...) to any account;
- Restore deleted accounts back to directory and all of its contents;
- Restore only account attributes, like password, class of service;
- Configurable full simultaneously backup;
This tool DOES NOT DO disaster recovery.
To run zmbkpose it is necessary
- Install ldap-utils e curl utils;
- Download de packages in realease section;
- Copy the Config file to /etc/zmbkpose/zmbkpose.conf;
- Copy the script to /usr/bin
- Give script execute permissions
- To see zmbkpose syntax, type just zmbkpose
ZMBKPOSE and Kyapanel
KyaPanel is a panel to provide easy management in Gnu/Linux servers, developed to increase the network administration. Two modules are included in this new version: E-mail Management and Samba Management.
Check out this amazing tool at http://www.kyapanel.com
You can find more informations and instructions (in portuguese) at http://www.kyapanel.com/wiki/doku.php?id=zimbra:zmbkpose