About Zimbra Gallery
Zimbra Gallery is where members of the Community can share Zimlets and Themes plus find Language packs and other tools.
What You Can Contribute and Download
- Zimlets - Zimlets are 'mash-ups' that allow data services to communicate with the Zimbra Web client (view Maps, etc)
- Themes - themes are 'skins' that can be placed on the ZCS server and provide a new look and feel to ZCS web clients
- Tools - utilities for working with ZCS
- Languages - (Languages can be viewed and downloaded; there is a separate process for moderating and uploading languages. See the Translations Wiki for more information).
Note: To contribute you must sign and FAX the Zimbra contribution agreement. Also, the Zimbra team must approve all contributions.
Getting a Username and Password
- The Zimbra Gallery uses the same ID and password as the Zimbra Forums
- ID is a unique name (not an email per se) that is displayed on your Gallery and Forum submissions. We suggest using a name you are comfortable showing to the Community
- Registration is subject to the terms and conditions of the Zimbra Community
- Will I be signed into both places automatically if I have already signed into one? No. Currently we only use the same username and password but we do not support true "single sign on".
- What happens if I forget my password? An email will be sent to the email address you provided during the Community Forum registration.
Licenses and Contribution Agreements
All Community members who contribute must sign and FAX the Zimbra contribution agreement. Once you do this you can post to the Gallery or contribute in any way to the Zimbra project.
- The FAX number: 1 650-212-0504
- The contribution agreement
Zimlets, Themes, and Languages have slightly different you can contribute:
- For Zimlets and Theme uploads; you have the ability to specify a license (default is ZPL), but you can select something else more apropriate for a Zimlet, for instance, that you wish to sell to the Community (maybe you pick 'other'). The license options:
- Other / Proprietary License
- Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1)
- GNU General Public License (GPL)
- Zimbra Public License (ZPL)
- Everything that is uploaded will be reviewed by the Zimbra team before it is posted live.
Using the Administration UI to Contribute and Manage
- Do I have to log in?
Yes. In the upper right you will see links to log in and go to the admin UI. You will have to enter your Forum username and password on the log in screen.
- How to add a Zimlet
When you enter the Admin UI, you will be placed in the View Products area. If you have not added any content yet, this area will be empty save for the left hand nav. To add a Zimlet simply in the left nav or top right and enter the information required about the Zimlet (name, description, a screen shot, choose an applicable category, and then the Zimlet's properties (describing how it interacts with ZCS):
- Usage - what's it do?
- Regular Expression
- Right Click - are there any right click behaviors enabled with it?
- Drag in Mail - Can you drag objects in Mail and have something happen?
- Drag in Contacts - Can you drag objects on Contacts and have something happen?
- Drag in Calendar - Can you drag objects in Calendar and have something happen?
- Assistant - Does it have any shortcuts that can be invoked in Assistant
- Toolbar - Are there any toolbar buttons
- Preferences - Can you set preferences for the Zimlet
- Integration - Are there integrations with other data services?
- Either upload file or user external link - where does the file live?
- Select a license - pick one appropriate to your project.
Once you select Save the new Zimlet will show up on your list but it is not yet live. The Zimbra Team will be notified of the upload and will then review before approving for publishing.
- How to add a category
In the Product view you will see that you can manage "master categories". Click on this and you will see a dialog to choose new categories for the Zimlet / Theme. There is no limit to the number of categories a product can have.
- How to add a Theme.
This is like the Zimlet but much simpler. You can click the left or uppper right nav to pull up a new Theme product. Simply write a description, choose a product screen cap, and a file location and a license type. As with Zimlets the Zimbra team will need to review before aproving the post.