Difference between revisions of "Enabling Zimbra Mobile for Smart Phones"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|+'''Mobile Options in the ZCS
|+'''Mobile Options in the ZCS Administration Console'''
Revision as of 22:11, 22 June 2011
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
Before Zimbra Mobile for Smart Phones can be configured on a specific device, a system administrator must enable Zimbra Mobile in the Administration Console. Zimbra Mobile can be enabled via Class of Service (COS) or for individual accounts.
This article gives instructions for enabling Zimbra Mobile via the Administration Console, and discusses some of the COS Mobile Settings available.
How to Enable Zimbra Mobile from the ZCS Administration Console
Use the following steps to enable Zimbra Mobile from the ZCS Administration Console.
- Open the ZCS Administration Console.
- In the Configuration section, expand Class of Service and select which class of service will have Zimbra Mobile enabled. If you are enabling Zimbra Mobile for an individual account, go to Addresses > Accounts, and select an account from here.
- Go to the Mobile tab.
- Configure the following options:
- Enable Mobile Sync. If this is selected, Zimbra Mobile is enabled. This allows devices to receive over-the-air synchronization of mail, contacts, calendar and task data using the ActiveSync protocol. When this is selected, Mobile Policy default settings become enabled.
- Enable Mobile Policy. If this is selected, a mobile policy will be enforced for all users in this COS or for this individual account. The options listed immediately below this option detail what parts of the mobile policy will be enforced. This is enabled by default.
- Allow non-provisionable devices. If this is selected, the server allows old devices which don't support server policies to access their account. If turned off, server will reject those devices from connecting. This is enabled by default.
- Allow partial policy enforcement on device. If this is selected, devices which do not support some policy enforcement will still support other policies that can be enforced. This is enabled by default.
- Force PIN on device. If this is selected, the user is required to use a PIN to access their ZCS data. This is enabled by default.
- Require alpha-numeric password for device. If this is selected, the PIN required to access ZCS data must contain both letters and numbers.
- Minimum length for device pin. Enter the minimum character length for device pin here if Force PIN on device is enabled. The default is 4 characters.
- Number of consecutive incorrect pin inputs before device is wiped. Enter the minimum number of consecutive incorrect pin inputs before device is wiped. The default is 4 times.
- Important: It is good practice to let users know that this policy is in place, and how many times they can try to log in before their device is wiped. Many users expect their device to simply be locked, and may not know that continuing to attempt to log in will cause their device to be wiped.
- Idle time before device is locked (minutes). Enter the idle time in minutes before device is locked. Idle time is any time the device is not receiving user input. The default is 15 minutes.