Current issues in ZCS 8.6
- 1 Current (Known) Issues in ZCS 8.6 Build 1153
- 2 Bug 97304 Upgrading from 8.5.1 to 8.6 doesn't check the local proxy variables and it fails the upgrade.
- 3 Bug 97232 Mac Outlook 2011 requires 3DES or RC4 ciphers
- 4 Bug 97031 zimbraCsrfTokenData cache inconsistency causes auth failure
- 5 Bug 97213 IE can not be set to compatibility mode for Adv/Ajax ZWC
- 6 Bug 96991 Zimbra Desktop does not work with ZCS 8.6.0 with shipped version of JRE
- 7 Bug 96123 User wants to be able to use "/" and quotes in task titles
- 8 Bug 84399 Installer license check should be done on any node [ldap master] in a multi-server environment
- 9 Archive And Crossmailbox Search Related Issues
Current (Known) Issues in ZCS 8.6 Build 1153
Bug 97304 Upgrading from 8.5.1 to 8.6 doesn't check the local proxy variables and it fails the upgrade.
When upgrading, the Script validates the license against https://license.zimbra.com. If your Server is behind a proxy the upgrade script (and also the license activation itself) ignores the Proxy System Variable.
Bug 97232 Mac Outlook 2011 requires 3DES or RC4 ciphers
Outlook 2011 is unable to negotiate SSL/TLS, probably from disabling RC4 and/or other insecure ciphers With a workaround in the same Bug.
Bug 97031 zimbraCsrfTokenData cache inconsistency causes auth failure
Ajax/Advance ZWC getting a 500 error. The mailbox.log has statements like: SoapEngine - no valid authtoken present: cannot dispatch request
Bug 97213 IE can not be set to compatibility mode for Adv/Ajax ZWC
IE can not be set for compatibility mode when it interacts with ZCS 8.6 . Various signs of this are - warning about using an 'unsupported browser', blank emails when viewed or forwarded, login goes to the mobile or html/basic interface.
Bug 96991 Zimbra Desktop does not work with ZCS 8.6.0 with shipped version of JRE
ZD will be unable to connect to the ZCS 8.6 server, error will be something like "Remote host closed connection during handshake".
Bug 96123 User wants to be able to use "/" and quotes in task titles
User will be warned that task names can not have :
You'll get a pop-up box: Cannot save. you have errors that must be corrected: The subject cannot contain / (forward slash). "(double quote), or :(colon)
Tasks that were created in older ZCS versions that used those characters will prompt with that warning and force the user to rename when they are accessed in ZCS 8.6 .
Bug 84399 Installer license check should be done on any node [ldap master] in a multi-server environment
License is expired or cannot be upgraded.
When Upgrading from 8.5.1 or 8.5, or from 8.0.x users can see the next message:
Validating existing license is not expired and qualifies for upgrade Error: License is expired or cannot be upgraded. Aborting upgrade
This error can be for the next reasons:
- Check if you haven't exhausted the number of activation for the license.
- Check if your support subscription is still valid. Send a email to email@example.com with Questions about Licensing.
Possible Bug Issue Being Investigated Around Installer Check In ZCS 8.6
- "Installer license check should be done on any node [ldap master] in a multi-server environment"
Archive And Crossmailbox Search Related Issues
These were filed against ZCS 8.6 testing.
After upgrading, we strongly recommend you confirm archiving is working. Bug 97473
- "amavis needs to be a service if archiving is enabled"
- "Archiving To Get It's Own Specific Reporting And Monitoring Section - Also, Confirmation On Upgrades"
- "zmarchivesearch should accept -m "*" or multiple mailbox targets like zmmboxsearch does"
- "admin console mailbox search doesn't autocomplete/suggest for target mailbox account for search results"
- "crossmailbox / mailbox search in admin console limits still broken and documentation descriptions are poor"
- "zmmboxsearch zmarchivesearch -p switch does accept the * [unlimited] variable. Document and qa for each release."
- "zmmboxsearch zmarchivesearch -l does have a hard limit still - it's 1000"
- "zmmboxsearch and zmarchivesearch -p and -l options makes no sense, they need to be rewritten"