Current issues in ZCS 8.5
- 1 Current (Known) Issues in ZCS 8.5 Build 3040
- 2 Bug 95315
- 3 Bug 95319
- 4 Bug 95302
- 5 Bug 95450
- 6 Bug 95265
- 7 Bug 95356
- 8 Bug 95204
- 9 Postconf all keys.
- 10 Voice extensions no longer available
- 11 Bug 97213 IE can not be set to compatibility mode for Adv/Ajax ZWC
- 12 Bug 96123 User wants to be able to use "/" and quotes in task titles
Current (Known) Issues in ZCS 8.5 Build 3040
- Please note: Build 3040 was the first build released as ZCS 8.5. Then, two serious bugs were found:
- Build 3042 was then built and released - this is the build available from the download locations today:
- Network Edition: http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-collaboration
- Open-Source Edition: http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-collaboration-open-source
- One can see the build number in the download package, e.g., zcs-NETWORK-8.5.0_GA_3042.RHEL7_64.20140828204423.tgz
- ZCS 8.5 Patch 1 was also released to fix the above issues:
- If you are running Build 3040, you should definitely patch. If you are running Build 3042, then you don't need the patch (although it won't hurt anything to install the Patch 1 on top of 8.5 Build 3042).
- ZCS 8.5 Patch 2 is being developed and is planned for release in a couple weeks, once ready.
zimbraReverseProxySSLToUpstreamEnabled is not honored for login & ews urls
Connections from proxy to mailbox are always sent over https regardless of zimbraReverseProxySSLToUpstreamEnabled setting. In case your mailstore's are configured to listen only on http, then users will get 502 errors.
Set zimbraMailMode to "both" on mailstores.
Domain certificates configuration not added to nginx Configuring domain level certificates using this wiki, does not works, due to required nginx include/template files are removed. This also applies to upgrades.
- Workaround for web proxy certificate
In the file /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/templates/nginx.conf.web.template , add following line in the final include section.
It is considered that /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.web.https file exists and it contains valid domain level configuration. It can be pre-upgrade file.
- Workaround for mail proxy certificate
In the file /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/templates/nginx.conf.mail.template , add following lines in the final include section.
include /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.mail.imap; include /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.mail.imaps; include /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.mail.pop3; include /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.mail.pop3s;
It is considered that above listed file exists and it contains valid domain level configuration. Those can be pre-upgrade file.
System account for spam/non-spam training should disable spam check
Spam check is enabled for spam/non-spam accounts. This causes any spam/non-spam marked emails to get filed into Junk folder of spam/ham accounts. zmtrainsa extracts messages from Inbox only of spam/ham accounts, resulting in no training of emails in Junk folder.
On the MTA, as the ZIMBRA user:
REPLACE line 116 with:
%%comment VAR:!zimbraAmavisOriginatingBypassSA%%bypass_spam_checks_maps => , # don't spam-check internal mail if desired:
Generate CSR fields are not added to CSR
Generating CSR from admin console, fields "C=, ST=, L=, O=, OU=" are not added to the CSR. Generated CSR always contains these values.
C=US, ST=N/A, L=N/A, O=Zimbra Collaboration Server, OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server
Use CLI "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcsr".
Webapp services removed when editing server
This is fixed in patch1 and in the build 3042.
Device not syncing post upgrade to 8.5
ActiveSync issues with the BlackBerry devices and few Android devices, post upgrade to v8.5.
Re-provision the devices.
- Problem: zmconfigd not starting with this error:
Starting zmconfigd.../opt/zimbra/bin/zmconfigdctl: line 94: 17418 Killed
Please check if your /etc/hosts file has a line for both "127.0.0.1" and "::1", and if so and you're not using IPv6, please comment out the "::1" line and try again.
Postconf all keys.
Handy to know all postfix config keys that are added in 8.5. In some cases, postix LC keys are not being applied to postfix, because those are moved to ldap database. This list will help to know those keys.
Voice extensions no longer available
Both the voice zimlets are no longer available in 8.5. Please see -
Bug 82346 - Define list of supported zimlets for 8.5 Bug 93620 - Reinstate voice extensions and zimlets removed from 8.5.0 GA Bug 95638 - Document removal of voice zimlets in 8.5
Bug 97213 IE can not be set to compatibility mode for Adv/Ajax ZWC
IE can not be set for compatibility mode when it interacts with ZCS 8.6 . Various signs of this are - warning about using an 'unsupported browser', blank emails when viewed or forwarded, login goes to the mobile or html/basic interface.
Bug 96123 User wants to be able to use "/" and quotes in task titles
User will be warned that task names can not have :
You'll get a pop-up box: Cannot save. you have errors that must be corrected: The subject cannot contain / (forward slash). "(double quote), or :(colon)
Tasks that were created in older ZCS versions that used those characters will prompt with that warning and force the user to rename when they are accessed in ZCS 8.6 .
Archive And Crossmailbox Search Related Issues
These were filed against ZCS 8.6 testing.
- "amavis needs to be a service if archiving is enabled"
- "Archiving To Get It's Own Specific Reporting And Monitoring Section - Also, Confirmation On Upgrades"
- "zmarchivesearch should accept -m "*" or multiple mailbox targets like zmmboxsearch does"
- "admin console mailbox search doesn't autocomplete/suggest for target mailbox account for search results"
- "crossmailbox / mailbox search in admin console limits still broken and documentation descriptions are poor"
- "zmmboxsearch zmarchivesearch -p switch does accept the * [unlimited] variable. Document and qa for each release."
- "zmmboxsearch zmarchivesearch -l does have a hard limit still - it's 1000"
- "zmmboxsearch and zmarchivesearch -p and -l options makes no sense, they need to be rewritten"