Configure Zimbra FB Provider for ZCO
Configure the Zimbra Free/Busy Provider for ZCO
Beginning with ZCS 9.0.0 the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO) provides a new way to obtain Free/Busy information: the Zimbra Free/Busy Provider.
During the Beta introduction period of this new feature, ZCO will continue to use Internet Free/Busy by default.
This guide describes how to create a custom Windows Installer (.msi) that will install and enable the Zimbra FB Provider during ZCO installation.
Before You Begin
This guide assumes that you are familiar with Customizing the ZCO Installer.
Comparison of Internet Free/Busy and Zimbra Free/Busy Provider
|Internet Free/Busy||Zimbra Free/Busy Provider|
|Shows invitees' Out of office and Tentative as Busy. Bug 26960||Invitees' Out of office and Tentative periods are displayed correctly.|
|Forward-looking range is limited by MS IFB protocol. Bug 100050||No limit to the range that FB info may be viewed.|
The following known defects will be addressed before the feature is declared Generally Available:
- ZCO does not display any free/busy information for any exchange user who has time slots marked "Working Elsewhere".
- O365 crashes while sending a meeting from a mixed profile where ZCO is the primary user profile.
- After recovering from a lost connection to the server, the F/B scheduling window continues to show no information.
- Outlook 2016 (32-bit only) may crash after updating the time of a meeting in a shared calendar.
General instructions for creating a Customized Installer for ZCO are documented in the Admin Guide.
To create an installer that will enable the Zimbra FB Provider, do the following:
- Copy the
ZmCustomizeMsi.jsand the ZCO
MSIfiles from the server, as described in the Admin Guide.
- Set the Free Busy Options (
1to use the Zimbra FB Provider.
- Set other switches according to your organization's requirements, and run the
cscriptto generate your custom MSIs.