Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7 Beta is out
Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7 Beta
We would like to invite all Zimbra Desktop users to try out the Beta version of the upcoming ZD 7.2.7 release. The links for downloading the Beta builds are given below.
This release primarily addresses some important security issues and also issues with Yahoo mail sync:
- We no longer bundle Java inside ZD package for Windows and Linux. The application now detects and uses the Java available on user's machine. As part of this work we have introduced a separate 64-bit ZD package for Windows.
- We no longer ship our own copy of trusted CA certificates inside the app, instead now rely on Java's CA trust store, for improved security.
- Fixed Mac installer signing issue which was causing ZD to appear from an "unidentified developer".
- Fixed Yahoo main sync which broke after Yahoo recently discontinued their web service mail API. We now use IMAP/SMTP for Yahoo mail sync.
- These ZD builds have been updated with the latest timezones data Bug 98414.
Major Known issues
There's one major known issue with the mac build - Bug 99101 (Persistent white box on Mac after Yosemite upgrade)
Zimbra Product Releases
Go to our Zimbra Product Releases page for details about each release, including:
- Release Notes
- Patch Information
- Documents in PDF format
- Documents in ePub format
- Complete Bugzilla reports
Zimbra Security Center
Highlight new Features in Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 & 8.6
High Fidelity Document Preview
High Fidelity Document Preview is a Network Edition feature that permits preview it regular document files using the Libreoffice engine.
All the supported type documents are converted into a .pdf file, and then any browser with the PDF viewer enabled, or Adobe Reader installed, can preview the files.
DNS caching service (dnscache)
Starting with Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 and above, there is now a DNS caching service available for installation. It is specifically targeted for MTA nodes, and could be perfect for Single-Server Installations.
Three of our supported features are raly heavily on DNS lookups: DKIM verification, SpamAssassin Scoring, Postfix RBLs for spam blocking.
Zimbra Offline Mode allows you to use the Zimbra Web Client (ZWC) and access your data without network connectivity. For example, if server connectivity is lost, ZWC automatically transitions to “offline mode”.
When server connectivity is restored, ZWC automatically reverts back to “online mode”.
The Touch Client is a Network Edition feature that enables a new web client interface for a mobile device. It uses the Sencha Touch Mobile HTML5 Framework optimized for the canvas of a smartphone or tablet device.
When a client first connects to a mail server via a web browser, the server attempts to detect the client type.
Exchange Web Services
Exchange Web Services was released in ZCS 8.5 or above and is a Network Edition feature that need to be purchased separetly. With this feature you can connect devices or applications that support the EWS technology.
PCI Compilance and Cipher strength
Starting with ZCS 8.5, it is possible to configure the TLS related strength factors for postfix to not only enforce encryption but to enforce a certain strength of encryption.
With ZCS 8.5 and later, it is now possible to preserve PCI compliance configuration across upgrades.
Separation of WebApp from Mailtstore
The current Zimbra architecture combines the mailstore functionality with all the web functionality on the same server.
Aim is to split the combined functionality so that mailstore server can be run independently from web that includes Zimbra Web Client, Zimbra Admin Client and Zimlets.
Exchange ActiveSync was released in ZCS 8.5 or above and is a Network Edition feature. With this feature you can connect devices or applications that support the EAS technology.
More new features
Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 and 8.6 include a lot of new features, for example:
- Real time attachment scanning for outgoing mail sent via the web client
- Key migrations from localconfig to LDAP
- Exchange compatible journaling
- LMDB as the supported backend for on-disk database maps
- Ability to blacklist or whitelist specific IP addresses
- Ability to reject or accept deny emails for specific users
- Split Domain support
- Domain level disclaimer support