Synacor Announces the Public Beta of Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Release
Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta is out, try it now!
We are proud to invite you to Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta Testing.
Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 is almost here, but first, we want to hear from YOU - our Customers, Partners and Open Source community.
We are looking for Product Feedback on:
- New features
A Few Rules ...
- All bugs will be reported through bugzilla with the 8.8 keyword 8_8_0_Beta_1
- No Zimbra Support will be provided for the Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta testing.
- Network Edition testers must activate using a valid license which can be your production license. If you have any issues with activating your server, please open a Support Ticket for assistance. (Note: Support will only help activate the license, 8.8 beta testing is not supported by the Support team)
What’s new in Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta?
Zimbra 8.8 marks the beginning of a whole new era with the introduction of peer-to-peer Zimbra Chat and Zimbra Drive into all versions of Zimbra and a complete overhaul of the major business-ready components of Zimbra Network Edition.
- New Realtime Backup with 6 restore options: No data loss during backup, and new de-duplication technology results in up to 50% saving on storage space for backups.
- Enhanced Mobile synchronization: Now users can sync Zimbra shared items on mobile devices.
- New HSM and volume management options: Reduce your current Zimbra storage by up to 50% for an enormous cost savings.
- Improved, easy-to-use Delegated Admin: Create a delegated admin in minutes, and enjoy increased reporting functionality and more CLI commands.
- Zimbra Drive: Improves file sync and share with the addition of an ownCloud/nextCloud server.
- Zimbra Chat: Peer-to-peer chat, buddy management and presence built-into Zimbra.
- Reconfigured IMAP service: Improves email reliability and SLAs by deploying IMAP as a separate service.
- Expanded SIEVE RFC compliance: Provides email admins with more powerful email filtering.
- New Ephemeral Data Store: Increases read-write performance and server reliability by storing data store as ephemeral data in SSDB.
Please DO NOT UPGRADE your Production Environments! This Beta release is for Testing Purposes only. Zimbra will NOT provide Technical Support for those who upgrade a live Zimbra Infrastructure.
Zimbra Product Releases
Go to our Zimbra Product Releases page for details about each release, including:
- Release Notes
- Patch Information
- Documents in PDF format
- Documents in ePub format
- Complete Bugzilla reports
Zimbra Security Center
Zimbra is committed to providing a secure collaboration experience for our customers, partners, and users of our software.
Go to our Zimbra Collaboration Security Center to stay updated on all Security-related news.
Highlight new Features in Zimbra Collaboration 8.7
The security of each individual user is a prerequisite in most enterprises. Zimbra Collaboration 8.7 includes a native 2FA feature that doesn’t require a plugin at the server or user level, and works with the most well know OTP mobile applications. With 2FA, two components are required to log into an email account—something the user knows: a password, user ID, etc., and something the user possesses: a smartphone or USB-key.
SSL SNI for HTTPS
Customers and Business Service Providers (BSP) hosting multiple Zimbra domains now have official support for Multiple SSL domains on a single server (SNI) for HTTPS connections. With 8.7 it is now possible to publish multiple SSL Certificates using one single IPv4.
Postscreen for Zimbra boosts Email Security
Zimbra Collaboration 8.7 comes with postscreen at the MTA-level. The postscreen daemon provides additional protection against mail server overload. By keeping spambots away, postscreen leaves more SMTP server processes available for legitimate clients and delays the onset of server overload conditions.
Highlight new Features in Zimbra Collaboration 8.5/8.6
High Fidelity Document Preview
High Fidelity Document Preview is a Network Edition feature that permits preview it regular document files using the Libreoffice engine.
All the supported type documents are converted into a .pdf file, and then any browser with the PDF viewer enabled, or Adobe Reader installed, can preview the files.
DNS caching service (dnscache)
Starting with Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 and above, there is now a DNS caching service available for installation. It is specifically targeted for MTA nodes, and could be perfect for Single-Server Installations.
Three of our supported features are raly heavily on DNS lookups: DKIM verification, SpamAssassin Scoring, Postfix RBLs for spam blocking.
Zimbra Offline Mode allows you to use the Zimbra Web Client (ZWC) and access your data without network connectivity. For example, if server connectivity is lost, ZWC automatically transitions to “offline mode”.
When server connectivity is restored, ZWC automatically reverts back to “online mode”.
The Touch Client is a Network Edition feature that enables a new web client interface for a mobile device. It uses the Sencha Touch Mobile HTML5 Framework optimized for the canvas of a smartphone or tablet device.
When a client first connects to a mail server via a web browser, the server attempts to detect the client type.
Exchange Web Services
Exchange Web Services was released in ZCS 8.5 or above and is a Network Edition feature that need to be purchased separetly. With this feature you can connect devices or applications that support the EWS technology.
PCI Compilance and Cipher strength
Starting with ZCS 8.5, it is possible to configure the TLS related strength factors for postfix to not only enforce encryption but to enforce a certain strength of encryption.
With ZCS 8.5 and later, it is now possible to preserve PCI compliance configuration across upgrades.
Separation of WebApp from Mailtstore
The current Zimbra architecture combines the mailstore functionality with all the web functionality on the same server.
Aim is to split the combined functionality so that mailstore server can be run independently from web that includes Zimbra Web Client, Zimbra Admin Client and Zimlets.
Exchange ActiveSync was released in ZCS 8.5 or above and is a Network Edition feature. With this feature you can connect devices or applications that support the EAS technology.
More new features
Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 and 8.6 include a lot of new features, for example:
- Real time attachment scanning for outgoing mail sent via the web client
- Key migrations from localconfig to LDAP
- Exchange compatible journaling
- LMDB as the supported backend for on-disk database maps
- Ability to blacklist or whitelist specific IP addresses
- Ability to reject or accept deny emails for specific users
- Split Domain support
- Domain level disclaimer support
Pages in category "Certified"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 247 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Installing a Comodo SSL Certificate on Zimbra Collaboration
- Installing a RapidSSL Commercial Certificate
- Installing a StartSSL SSL Certificate with zmcertmgr
- Installing Zimbra Desktop 7 on Ubuntu Desktop 64bits
- Investigating and Securing Systems
- IPv6 Issue with zimbra-proxy
- Issue with upgrading mailbox node - Error: License is expired or cannot be upgraded
- LDAP Architecture
- LDAP data import export
- LDAP Multi Master Replication
- Legal Intercept
- Libre Office creating excessive tmp files
- List all existing distribution list and the respective members
- List of accounts with their last password change date
- Local Failure Notice in Zimbra Connector for Outlook
- Local Failure Notice: Problem synchronizing Signatures
- Location where and how zimbra stores user session information - Eg: IP, browser
- Log On To and Zimbra (AD)
- Mailbox recalculation issue
- Make free/busy data public, while hiding appointments
- Managed account by multiple users using ZCO and ZCS sharing features
- Managing Customized BDB configurations
- Manual activation
- Maximum number of concurrent GAL sync requests
- Message Senders Receive About Mailbox Over Quota
- Migrate from cPanel/Plesk to Zimbra Collaboration 8.0.x or 8.x
- Missing main.cf Error - MTA
- Mobile Device Setup
- Move blobs to other server when the ldap is down/corrupted
- MTA unable to start due to wrong /dev/null permissions
- Multiple SSL Certificates, Server Name Indication (SNI) for HTTPS
- Mysql Crash Recovery
- MySQL ERROR 1040
- MySql: Communications link failure
- Obtain all the forwards per each account
- Offline Mode
- OOO for a user doesn't work, with a lucene exception
- OOO:-Enable Internal Only Reply
- OpenLDAP MDB vs HDB performance
- OpenLDAP multiple interfaces
- OpenLDAP Performance Tuning
- OpenLDAP Performance Tuning 5.0
- OpenLDAP Performance Tuning 8.0
- OpenLDAP Tuning Keys
- OpenLDAP Tuning Keys 8.0
- Optimizing 5.0 to 6.0 LDAP upgrade
- Ordering Your Zimbra Folders
- Out of office auto reply duration
- Outlook 2010 crash viewing meeting request Scheduling tab
- Outlook 2011 For Mac And EWS Setup
- Outlook 2016 For Mac And EWS Setup
- Performance Recommendations for Virtualizing Zimbra with VMware vSphere
- Performance Tuning Guidelines for Large Deployments
- Postconf keys
- Postfix-Amavisd Mail Flow - Birds-eye Overview - MTA
- PostRestURL Without Split DNS
- Pre-Upgrade Steps
- Preferred Method of Moving Users To New Machine (zmmailboxmove - Network Edition Only)
- Prevent an newly created mailbox account from receiving emails
- Prevent internal messages from being tagged as spam
- Prevent Sending Email on Behalf of Someone Else
- Procedure For Recovery From Failed zmmboxmoves
- Process Flow: OOO Notifications
- Promoting Replica to LDAP Master
- Promoting Replica to LDAP Master 5.0.x
- Promoting Replica to LDAP Master 8.0
- Proxy error: Address already in use
- Proxy restart fails with the error - nginx start failed. reason: virtual host name "domain.example.com" is not resolvable
- PST migrations stop with the prompt Press any key to continue
- Recovering from upgrade failure
- Regenerate Self-Signed SSL Certificate - Multi-Server
- Regenerate Self-Signed SSL Certificate - Single-Server
- Reinstall all Zimlets and Admin Extensions
- RemoteManager exception
- Remove a mobile device manually using CLI
- Remove upstream mail server from Proxy list
- Removing a user from all DLs on a server
- Repair Logger Data Corruption
- Reporting Security Issues
- Repository issue
- Reset AD user password from WebUI
- Reset an User or Administrator password
- Reset contact Autocomplete ranking
- Restoring a backup exits with the error 'Error executing redoOp'
- Restoring ldap fails
- Restrict account from sending emails to all domains
- Rolling Upgrades for ZCS
- Running Zimbra Desktop 1.0 FAQ
- Scalable Anti-Spam Using Spamassassin and MySQL
- Search by attachment type yields no results
- Searching in Zimbra: Quick Email Search
- Searching in Zimbra: Quick Keyword Searches
- Searching in Zimbra: Using the Search Menu & Tab
- Secure Authentication between Zimbra and AD
- Send a immediate email when the Quota is exceeded
- Sender address triggers FILTER smtp-amavis
- Server status in the admin console shows an extra entry for "localhost", with all services crossed out
- Share a free/busy link with external users
- Show Closed accounts with their Quota and Used Space
- Simple Troubleshooting For SMTP Via Telnet And Openssl
- Smime error codes
- SOAP API Reference Material Beginning with ZCS 8
- Solve error accessing Free/Busy with Outlook using ZCO
- Solving the accounts are showing zimbraAccountStatus as "locked"
- Specific Disaster Recovery steps
- Specific Whitelist/Blacklist per IP
- Split Domain
- SSL certificates per domain
- Step to rebuild crontab file of zimbra user
- Steps to add and remove datasource from GAL account
- Steps to configure per domain disclaimer on ZCS 8.5 and higher versions
- Steps to create a delegated admin to manage alias accounts only
- Steps to create a delegated admin to manage DLs only
- Steps to create a delegated admin to manage only Out Of Office on accounts
- Steps to create a new document folder in Briefcase and upload files from CLI
- Steps to create share and mount folder from CLI
- Steps to create users using mysql details where accounts accidently removed from the LDAP
- Steps to export a folder from command line where folder name contains white spaces
- Steps to export grants n views of a delegated admin and create a new delegated admin with same grants and views
- Steps to extract blobs from redologs using zmredodump
- Steps to find broken or dead share mount on a user's mailbox and remove using zmmailbox command
- Steps to fix folder list problem in webclient
- Steps to fix NULL disclaimer on outgoing emails
- Steps to fix permission and ownership of Postfix binaries manually due to bug on zmfixperm
- Steps to fix port redirection problem with password change request on webclient
- Steps to fix RAR file scanning with Amavisd
- Steps to fix Too many ADMIN sessions error
- Steps to fix two factor auth setup error
- Steps to fix zmdailyreport where mutliple MTAs are present
- Steps to get all signature list of a user and steps to delete signature
- Steps to get public cert from a signed message
- Steps to Increase Maximum Contact Limit for a User
- Steps to make two domains' GAL available for each other
- Steps To Rebuild ZCS Server
- Steps to recreate spam ham n quarantine accounts
- Steps to remove create and forcesync GAL account
- Steps to remove expired domain certificate from domain level configuration
- Steps to update LDAP URL and Bind Password on Domain configuration for Autoprovisioning
- Tab key doesn't input the tab character when in compose, instead it moves focus to another button
- There's no BCC option!
- TLS/STARTTLS Localconfig Values
- Top 10 FAQ
- Touch Client
- Track messages sent and received by a user
- Traditional Aliases Use - /etc/aliases Type Lookups
- Troubleshoot the SSL doesn't show after configure SSL certificate per domain
- Troubleshooting stuck at logging screen
- Troubleshooting Zimbra Email Filter Issues
- Tuning Postfix Queue Settings
- Turning off starttls for replication
- Ubuntu Upgrades
- Unable to bind to master (zmreplchk)
- Unable to configure domain disclaimer if ldap url has more than one ldap server entries in ZCS v8.5 and v8.6
- Unable to create a successful TLS connection to the ldap masters
- Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook 2016
- Unable to create Zimbra profile with Outlook C2R
- Unable to Sync Folders with the server on MAC OUTLOK through IMAP
- Understanding And Troubleshooting Authentication Log Events
- Understanding zimbra.log And Postfix Log Events - MTA
- UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI
- Upgrade to 8.6 fails with "Error: assertion '-r/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf' failed"
- Upgrade: Unable to find initial version
- User doesn't want spam emails go to Junk folder
- User level attachment policy for zimbra users
- User Migration & Maximum File Upload Size
- User not able to login to WebUI
- User sees half of its Inbox emails
- User unable to send email using Zimbra Connector for Outlook
- Users are unable to download attachments from the Web Client
- Users get 'Network service error', and mailbox.log shows 'Access to IP x.x.x.x suspended, for repeated failed login'
- Using and understanding the zimbraAuthFallbackToLocal attribute
- Using log4j to Configure mailboxd Logging
- Using the Activity Stream Filter
- Using zmstat-chart to generate statistics