Synacor Announces the Public Beta of Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Release
Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta is out, try it now!
We are proud to invite you to Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta Testing.
Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 is almost here, but first, we want to hear from YOU - our Customers, Partners and Open Source community.
We are looking for Product Feedback on:
- New features
A Few Rules ...
- All bugs will be reported through bugzilla with the 8.8 keyword 8_8_0_Beta_1
- No Zimbra Support will be provided for the Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta testing.
- Network Edition testers must activate using a valid license which can be your production license. If you have any issues with activating your server, please open a Support Ticket for assistance. (Note: Support will only help activate the license, 8.8 beta testing is not supported by the Support team)
What’s new in Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta?
Zimbra 8.8 marks the beginning of a whole new era with the introduction of peer-to-peer Zimbra Chat and Zimbra Drive into all versions of Zimbra and a complete overhaul of the major business-ready components of Zimbra Network Edition.
- New Realtime Backup with 6 restore options: No data loss during backup, and new de-duplication technology results in up to 50% saving on storage space for backups.
- Enhanced Mobile synchronization: Now users can sync Zimbra shared items on mobile devices.
- New HSM and volume management options: Reduce your current Zimbra storage by up to 50% for an enormous cost savings.
- Improved, easy-to-use Delegated Admin: Create a delegated admin in minutes, and enjoy increased reporting functionality and more CLI commands.
- Zimbra Drive: Improves file sync and share with the addition of an ownCloud/nextCloud server.
- Zimbra Chat: Peer-to-peer chat, buddy management and presence built-into Zimbra.
- Reconfigured IMAP service: Improves email reliability and SLAs by deploying IMAP as a separate service.
- Expanded SIEVE RFC compliance: Provides email admins with more powerful email filtering.
- New Ephemeral Data Store: Increases read-write performance and server reliability by storing data store as ephemeral data in SSDB.
Please DO NOT UPGRADE your Production Environments! This Beta release is for Testing Purposes only. Zimbra will NOT provide Technical Support for those who upgrade a live Zimbra Infrastructure.
Zimbra Product Releases
Go to our Zimbra Product Releases page for details about each release, including:
- Release Notes
- Patch Information
- Documents in PDF format
- Documents in ePub format
- Complete Bugzilla reports
Zimbra Security Center
Zimbra is committed to providing a secure collaboration experience for our customers, partners, and users of our software.
Go to our Zimbra Collaboration Security Center to stay updated on all Security-related news.
Highlight new Features in Zimbra Collaboration 8.7
The security of each individual user is a prerequisite in most enterprises. Zimbra Collaboration 8.7 includes a native 2FA feature that doesn’t require a plugin at the server or user level, and works with the most well know OTP mobile applications. With 2FA, two components are required to log into an email account—something the user knows: a password, user ID, etc., and something the user possesses: a smartphone or USB-key.
SSL SNI for HTTPS
Customers and Business Service Providers (BSP) hosting multiple Zimbra domains now have official support for Multiple SSL domains on a single server (SNI) for HTTPS connections. With 8.7 it is now possible to publish multiple SSL Certificates using one single IPv4.
Postscreen for Zimbra boosts Email Security
Zimbra Collaboration 8.7 comes with postscreen at the MTA-level. The postscreen daemon provides additional protection against mail server overload. By keeping spambots away, postscreen leaves more SMTP server processes available for legitimate clients and delays the onset of server overload conditions.
Highlight new Features in Zimbra Collaboration 8.5/8.6
High Fidelity Document Preview
High Fidelity Document Preview is a Network Edition feature that permits preview it regular document files using the Libreoffice engine.
All the supported type documents are converted into a .pdf file, and then any browser with the PDF viewer enabled, or Adobe Reader installed, can preview the files.
DNS caching service (dnscache)
Starting with Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 and above, there is now a DNS caching service available for installation. It is specifically targeted for MTA nodes, and could be perfect for Single-Server Installations.
Three of our supported features are raly heavily on DNS lookups: DKIM verification, SpamAssassin Scoring, Postfix RBLs for spam blocking.
Zimbra Offline Mode allows you to use the Zimbra Web Client (ZWC) and access your data without network connectivity. For example, if server connectivity is lost, ZWC automatically transitions to “offline mode”.
When server connectivity is restored, ZWC automatically reverts back to “online mode”.
The Touch Client is a Network Edition feature that enables a new web client interface for a mobile device. It uses the Sencha Touch Mobile HTML5 Framework optimized for the canvas of a smartphone or tablet device.
When a client first connects to a mail server via a web browser, the server attempts to detect the client type.
Exchange Web Services
Exchange Web Services was released in ZCS 8.5 or above and is a Network Edition feature that need to be purchased separetly. With this feature you can connect devices or applications that support the EWS technology.
PCI Compilance and Cipher strength
Starting with ZCS 8.5, it is possible to configure the TLS related strength factors for postfix to not only enforce encryption but to enforce a certain strength of encryption.
With ZCS 8.5 and later, it is now possible to preserve PCI compliance configuration across upgrades.
Separation of WebApp from Mailtstore
The current Zimbra architecture combines the mailstore functionality with all the web functionality on the same server.
Aim is to split the combined functionality so that mailstore server can be run independently from web that includes Zimbra Web Client, Zimbra Admin Client and Zimlets.
Exchange ActiveSync was released in ZCS 8.5 or above and is a Network Edition feature. With this feature you can connect devices or applications that support the EAS technology.
More new features
Zimbra Collaboration 8.5 and 8.6 include a lot of new features, for example:
- Real time attachment scanning for outgoing mail sent via the web client
- Key migrations from localconfig to LDAP
- Exchange compatible journaling
- LMDB as the supported backend for on-disk database maps
- Ability to blacklist or whitelist specific IP addresses
- Ability to reject or accept deny emails for specific users
- Split Domain support
- Domain level disclaimer support
Pages in category "Certified"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 243 total.(previous page) (next page)
- A .zdb file is 150 percent larger than the actual mailbox
- Add an alt attribute to the images in the signature
- Add hardware freak's pcre spam blocker in zimbra
- Adding external CA to Zimbra keystore
- Adding ldap indices
- Addresses showing in autocomplete that aren't in GAL
- Admin Console Performance Issues when using Delegated Admin
- Admin Password Reset
- Administration Console
- Administration Console and CLI Certificate Tools
- After Upgrade Mobile Devices Stop Working
- Amavisd not starting after upgrade from v8.0.x to higher versions(8.5.x,8.6.x and 8.7.x)
- Another server has to relay mails via Zimbra, without authentication
- Apache not starting on SLES11 SP2 after upgrade from ZCS v727 to 809
- Auto-complete partial GAL results when composing
- Automation: how to change all users's individual signatures
- Automation: how to change LDAP attribute for all users
- Can a backup from Zimbra 7.2 be restored to Zimbra 8
- Can delete old incremental backups, without affect new backups?
- Cannot save Outlook account settings
- CBpolicyd support
- Change frequency of deleting backups
- Change synchronization interval in ZCO
- Change the recipient of the "daily mail report"
- Change time format in the Web Client from "Noon" to "12 PM"
- Change user and admin web console session idle time out
- Changing the Logo and Theme Colors from the Admin Console
- Changing ZCS Time Zones
- Check quota usage of all users on a server
- Check the status of a mailbox move in progress
- Cipher suites
- ClamAV - Reset Defs DB
- ClamAV - Updating clamd for releases earlier than ZCS 8.0.6
- ClamAV DB update leads to **UNCHECKED** in all messages
- Clean up Drive Beta Database
- CLI - zmbackup Network Edition Only
- CLI option to enable out of office for a specific account
- CLI zmbackupabort (Aborting a Full Backup) NE only
- CLI zmbackupquery Network Edition only
- CLI zmcontrol (Start/Stop Services)
- CLI zmhsm Network Edition only
- CLI zmlocalconfig (Local Configuration)
- CLI zmmailboxmove Network Edition only
- CLI zmmboxsearch (Cross mailbox search)
- CLI zmmsgtrace
- CLI zmrestore Network Edition only
- CLI zmrestore restoreToTime Network Edition only
- CLI zmrestoreLDAP Network Edition only
- CLI zmrestoreoffline Network Edition only
- CLI zmschedulebackup Network Edition only
- CLI zmtlsctl to set Web Server Mode
- CLI zmtrainsa
- CLI zmvolume
- CLI zmzimletctl
- Client Cert Auth using X.509 certificates
- Zimbra :: Tech Center:Cluebringer Policy Daemon
- Cluebringer Policy Daemon
- Composing a new message causes an authentication window to appear
- Compromised account results in the server being used to send out spam mail
- Configure authentication with Active Directory
- Configure Browser for SPNEGO
- Configure Zimbra GAL as LDAP addressbook in Outlook
- Configure Zimbra GAL as LDAP addressbook in Thunderbird
- Configuring for DKIM Signing
- Configuring for IP V6
- Configuring for IPv4
- Configuring mynetwork maps in Zimbra
- Configuring SPNEGO Single Sign-On
- Configuring Thread Stack Size
- Controlling Behavior For Messages Sent To Over Quota Mailbox - LMTP
- Controlling Behavior For Messages Sent To Over Quota Mailbox - SMTP
- Convertd failed after upgrade to 8.7.1 from 8.7
- Create a COS for Standard, Professional, BusinessPlus and Business licenses
- Create a delegated admin to manage distribution lists only
- Create a delegated admin to see account list only (Read-Only admin)
- Create a distribution list that contains all the addresses in a domain
- Creating a delegated admin to manage Accounts distribution list and Aliases on a domain
- Creating a Reminder from an Email
- Creating a Task from an Email
- Creating an Email Signature
- Creating an Out Of Office Message
- Creating Templates in Zimbra
- Current issues in ZCS
- Current issues in ZCS 8.6
- DB not releasing disk space after deleting data
- Deleting messages from account using the CLI
- Disable "Control + Enter" to send emails
- Disable Reading Pane on Webclient for All Users
- Disable the AHBL and RHSBL as are deprecated
- Disabling the use of weak DH keys in Zimbra Collaboration mailboxd
- Displaying Japanese platform dependent characters in message
- DNS caching service (dnscache)
- Domain level blocking of users
- Download the POP3 email from a specific date
- Download the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO)
- During an upgrade, the installer gets stuck on "Ldap Bes searcher password: not verified"
- During the upgrade of a replica error "/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/ldap.bak is empty"
- DwtTreeitem parent must be a DwtTree or DwtTreeitem
- Email doesn't show up immediately in the inbox
- Emails are blocked with the notification VIRUS (Heuristics.Encrypted.PDF)
- Enable and operate Zimbra Dumpster
- Enable firebug
- Enable the real-time attachment scanning for outgoing mail sent via the Web Client
- Enabling Zimbra Mobile for Smart Phones
- Enabling Zimbra Proxy and memcached
- End-User Distribution List Management
- Enforcing a match between FROM address and sasl username 8.5
- Error "Unable to retrive Zimbra GPG key for package validation"
- Error (MTA): Unable to set STARTTLS
- Error when trying to start mailbox services
- Error while try to use the Advanced AJAX option
- Error: No valid activation found
- ERROR: service.AUTH EXPIRED error
- Example KB Article
- Exchange 2010 Free/Busy Interop
- Exchange ActiveSync(EAS) Outlook 2013
- Exchange Web Services EWS
- Excluding RC4 ciphers still shows up in a TLS scan
- Export a user list that has not logged in for the last x days
- Exporting all addresses
- External LDAP authentication with zimbraAuthLdapExternalDn
- Fix a 'A network service has occurred' error with mailbox.log showing "index - Failed to open Indexer"
- Fix a mailbox start fail after wrong edit the Server POP3 Settings
- Fix a Zimbra Web Client AJAX problem after upgraded to ZCS 8.6
- Fix an issue with events spanning DST change off by one hour
- Fix depth lookup:unable to get issuer certificate
- Fix Random LockFailException: Too many waiters error
- Fix the error mail.QUERY PARSE ERROR parserErr, STR, "Encountered "EOF"
- Fix the Zimbra Collaboration Permissions
- Fix zclient.IO ERROR - invoke Connection refused
- Free Busy - Troubleshooting
- Free space in /opt/zimbra/logs while huge trace log is enabled
- Hide the free/busy information per calendar
- Hide the links to the default helps
- High Fidelity Document Preview
- How to add "location" to Outlook appointment (free/busy)
- How to add a contact to multiple users
- How to add X-Envelope-To header
- How To Adjust The Over Quota Message The User Receives
- How to bypass local network with amavis
- How to colorize tailf output.
- How to configure auto-provisioning with AD
- How to configure autoprovisioning by group membership (Active Directory)
- How to configure autoprovisioning with external LDAP
- How to configure Zimbra S/MIME in Windows
- How to deliver messages with duplicate ids
- How to disable SSLv3
- How to disable TLSv1
- How to find and backup different COS users
- How to find SMTP Auth user names to find out bulk spam user
- How to fix a Full Backup error
- How to fix a mailbox start fail after wrong edit the Server POP3 Settings
- How to fix NullPointerException (Inbox)
- How to fix the error: Failed to start slapd TLS: error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission denied bss file.c
- How to force Ajax mode on all users
- How to get details of zmprov attributes/zmlocalconfig attributes
- How To Increase SMTP Debug Logging - MTA
- How to list available Charset in zimbra
- How to merge two independent ZCS servers into one
- How to migrate distribution list between two servers
- How to move data between volumes without HSM
- How to move the existing data on the secondary volume to the new storage path
- How to obtain an A+ in the Qualys SSL Labs Security Test
- How to permanently disable zimbra Add-ins (Outlook)
- How to recreate corrupted index (mysql)
- How to recreate corrupted index (mysql).
- How to redirect mails from specific email to one user
- How to rename a domain
- How to restore deleted user from LDAP
- Howto manually uninstall ZCO/ZCB
- HTML Signature exceeds maximum length of 10,240
- Import mailbox data which is exported in tgz format using curl
- Incoming Mail Problems
- Increasing the font size of ZWC
- Information for New Customers
- Information Pour Les Nouveaux Clients FranÃ§ais
- Injected mail marked as spam when X-Originating-IP header is enabled
- Installing a Comodo SSL Certificate on Zimbra Collaboration
- Installing a RapidSSL Commercial Certificate
- Installing a StartSSL SSL Certificate with zmcertmgr