CalDav and SunBird
Zimbra 5.0 Supports the CalDAV standard. CalDAV is a protocol allowing calendar access via WebDAV. CalDAV models calendar events as HTTP resources in iCal format, and models calendars containing events as WebDAV collections.
This allows users to publish and subscribe to calendars, share them collaboratively, synchronize between multiple users and synchronize between multiple devices. The CalDAV standard is an implementation of iCal(The standard, not the client) on a WebDAV server.
When using CalDAV, all of the users calendars are added to Sunbird.
Unlike the Mozilla Thunderbird Lightening extension, Sunbird is a stand-alone Calendar application that provides access to a CalDAV server. Sunbird does not provide mail, but is bult upon the same code for which the Thunderbird extension is built.
- Zimbra Collaboration Suite 5.0 RC2 or higher
- MacOS, Windows, any POSIX Complient System
- Sunbird 0.8 or Higher
- Once Sunbird has been downloaded and installed, run the application
- Right click in the Calendar area (underneith Home) OR File - New Calendar
- Select New Calendar
- Select On The Network
- Select CalDAV
- The Location is: http://(Server)/dav/(username)/(Name_of_Calendar). For example, if my server were mail.testzimbra.com and my username were ddemouser, it would be http://mail.testzimbra.com/dav/ddemouser/Calendar (Calendar being my default calendar) - if you get an error MODIFICATION_FAILED (possibly only if you are connecting via https) you can try using https://(username)@(Server)/dav/(username)/(Name_of_Calendar) - e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org/dav/jenny_doe/Calendar . When prompted for your username use your complete mail-adress - e.g. email@example.com .
- Give your calendar a name
- Select done
- Enter your username and password
- Click OK
Macintosh: Zimbra Connector for iSync
The Zimbra Connector for iSync syncs Zimbra calendars to iCal for Tiger (10.4) and Leopard (10.5). However, the sync is done using SOAP and not CalDAV. The Zimbra Connector for iSync does not support Mulberry, so any sync must be done to iCal(the application). Users are encouraged to use CalDAV whenever possible. Native CalDAV is supported through iCal in MacOS 10.5 only.
Issues and Resources
There is a known issue with Calendars and Spaces. To ensure that you are able to use your calendars using Mulberry, make sure none of your calendars contain spaces: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28577
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/ - Mulberry Home Page
http://www.zimbra.com/forums - Zimbra Forums
http://ietf.osafoundation.org/caldav/ - CalDAV Standards Homepage
http://www.calconnect.org - CalConnect Homepage
http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=CalDAV_with_Leopard_iCal - CalDAV with Leopard iCal