- 1 General Notes
- 1.1 Actual General Notes Homepage
- 1.2 Zimbra Variables
- 1.3 Zimbra Contact Fields For CSV Import Mapping
- 1.4 What's My Server Like
- 1.5 Restarting Jetty - ZCS 5+
- 1.6 Get Version From Ajax Client
- 1.7 What's Compiled With Postfix
- 1.8 REST Information
- 1.9 Server Source Doc's
Actual General Notes Homepage
Please see Ajcody-General-Notes
Ways to check on different zimbra variables.
su - zimbra zmlocalconfig -i zmlocalconfig -d cd /opt/zimbra/conf/attrs more zimbra-attrs.xml cd /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/ more zimbra.schema
Zimbra Contact Fields For CSV Import Mapping
Please see /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra-contact-fields.xml
This will show you what "fields" Zimbra is looking for and mapping to in regards to importing from another applications contact csv files.
One easy way to do this is the following:
- From zimbra ajax client as a test user (or any old user) do an export Addressbook.
- This is under the preference tab > Address Book > Import / Export > Export - select Addressbook and click Export button
- Then open file file something like Excel
- Your only interested in the Top line - that gives the default fields for a Zimbra Addressbook.
- With your other Mail system, export the addressbook to a csv file.
- Open this file in another Excel window.
- Copy the column data from the one Excel sheet and paste it into the appropriate column within the Zimbra Excel sheet.
- Move as much as you can and then save.
- Now you can try importing this csv file back into Zimbra.
- Either with the webclient or you can use some on the CLI commands
- See User_Migration for variations of CLI commands that could be used.
What's My Server Like
To dump out your server details, these commands are useful.
zmprov gs yourdomainname zmprov gacf zmlocalconfig zmdumpenv
Another good document to review for "odd performance" issues is the large server wiki.
Restarting Jetty - ZCS 5+
Get Version From Ajax Client
Put the below in the search field of the Ajax client:
What's Compiled With Postfix
Do the following (return is from my test box):
postconf -m btree cidr environ hash ldap mysql pcre proxy regexp static unix
Resources to review
- Rest Overview
- For queries:
- Working Examples
Format to get around permission denied on multi-domain hosting servers
If you getting permission denied rather than resource not found...try this format example:
I but both in case one issue is where the username has special characters, like the period.
Server Source Doc's