Difference between revisions of "4.5.x to 5.0.x Certificate Upgrade Issues"
(Creating new troubleshooting article with content from Commercial Certificate in 5.x)
Revision as of 23:48, 17 September 2008
If you are upgrading from 4.5x to 5.0.x and the cert failed to upgrade successfully, you need to re-install the cert.
You will need these pieces:
- The private key. This can be extracted from the Tomcat keystore. Zimbra Support can help with this process if you send the Tomcat keystore.
- The server certificate
- The chain cert files
With these pieces in hand, we can use the zmcertmgr to install the certificate.
1. Verify that the cert and the key match using this command:
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm /path/to/privatekey /path/to/commercial.crt /path/to/commercial_ca.crt
2. From the temp directory, deploy the cert and restart the zimbra services.
(a) sudo zmcertmgr deploycrt comm /path/to/commercial.crt /path/to/commercial_ca.crt (b) zmcontrol stop ; zmcontrol start
3. Check to make sure that only the jetty alias exists in the keystore.
keytool -list -keystore /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/keystore -storepass `zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey mailboxd_keystore_password`
4. Delete the tomcat alias, if exists, with the following command.
keytool -delete -alias tomcat -keystore /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/keystore -storepass `zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey mailboxd_keystore_password`