Writing a Zimlet
From Zimbra :: Wiki
|- This is archive documentation, which means it is not supported or valid for recent versions of Zimbra Collaboration.|
|- This article is a Work in Progress, and may be unfinished or missing sections.|
Mainly there are two ways to implement a Zimlet:
1. Use xml api
- You can do some of the basic stuffs using just xml-api.
- Limited set of features(e.g. you can’t design your own dialog box or create a Zimbra entity(like a folder, tag etc)
- No or limited debugging capabilities
An Example Zimlet using xml-api:
Hello World -Use XML-api to highlight "hello world" String as a link and show a tooltip.
- Firebug provides you with world-class debugging power.
- You can still use xml api for some small purposes like creating a panel item, context-menus etc.
Develop an example RSS Zimlet -Learn how to fetch an RSS feed and display it in a mini-calendar area or in a dialog box
|Verified Against: ZCS 5.0||Date Created: 6/29/2009|
|Article ID: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Writing_a_Zimlet||Date Modified: 03/25/2015|