Installing a Comodo SSL Certificate on ZCS 5.0.x
From Zimbra :: Wiki
|- This is archive documentation, which means it is not supported or valid for recent versions of Zimbra Collaboration.|
|- This article is a Work in Progress, and may be unfinished or missing sections.|
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
Installing a Comodo SSL certificate with zmcertmgr
Use the article as a guide to installing a Comodo issued SSL certificate with the zmcertmgr tool.
1. Get a Tomcat bundle from Comodo in PEM format.
2. Place the bundle on your Zimbra mailbox server. You should receive a ca_root.crt and ca_intermediate.crt files. Note the root and intermediate files may have different names.
3. Cat the CA certs to form a single CA certificate chain file
cat ca_root.crt ca_intermediate.crt > /tmp/ca_bundle.crt
In the case of a PositiveSSL cert,
cat PositiveSSLCA.crt UTNAddTrustServerCA.crt AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt > /tmp/ca_bundle.crt
4. Place server certificate in /tmp/server.crt. For PositiveSSL, this will be the one in the form servername_domainname_tld.crt (e.g., www_example_com.crt)
cp www_example_com.crt /tmp/server.crt
5. Deploy the commercial certificate with zmcertmgr as the root user.
cd /opt/zimbra/bin ./zmcertmgr deploycrt comm /tmp/server.crt /tmp/ca_bundle.crt
|Verified Against: Zimbra Collaboration Suite 5.x||Date Created: 9/2/2008|
|Article ID: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Installing_a_Comodo_SSL_Certificate_on_ZCS_5.0.x||Date Modified: 03/25/2015|